《绝望的主妇》第111期:面对出轨,眼不见心不烦?
日期:2014-03-26 18:09

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


Rex and I are hosting a dinner party for ten next week.
REX和我10周后将举办晚宴。
We’re using our best china and serving duck.
我们将使用我们最好的餐具,还将做烤鸭。
So, you and Rex are a couple again?
这么说你和REX重归与好了。
Yes. You know that’s one of the things I hated most about our separation. Not being able to throw dinner parties.
是的。我痛恨我们分居的,其中一个原因就是……不能举办晚宴。
There’s just something so civilized and elegant about them, don’t you think?
它们是那么的优雅和精致,你不觉得吗?
I take it you have resolved your feelings about his infidelity?
给我的感觉你已经能够缓解,对他不贞行为的愤恨了?
Let’s just say that I put them in an imaginary box and don’t plan on looking at them for a while.
让我们这么说吧,我把它们放进一个虚构的箱子里,且近期内不想看到它们。
Do you think that’s the healthiestway to achieve a reconciliation?
你觉得那会是取得和解的最健康的方式吗?
Well, it won't be easy at first.
一开始会有些困难。
There will be a lot of forced smiles and perfunctory love making, but after a few decades whiz by I am sure I will find a way to forgive him.
要经常强颜欢笑和敷衍了事的性爱,但几十年之后,相信我会有办法原谅他。
Well, as long as you have a plan.
既然你已经有了计划……
I do want to forgive him Doctor Goldfine,but, there’s something he’s still not telling me.
GOLDFINE医生,我的确想原谅他,但是……有些事他依然没有告诉我。
Really?
真的?
I think it has something to do with why he had the affair.
我想那和他为什么有外遇有关。
Have you confronted him?
你有没有和他开诚布公地谈过?
Once, and you should have seen the look in his eyes.
有一次,你真该看看他当时的眼神。
He was terrified that I’d figure it out.
很害怕我知道。
You know what it is, don’t you?
你知道他隐瞒的是什么,对吧?
Bree, I can't discuss other patients.
BREE,我不能和你谈论其他的病人。
I realize that. This thing that he’s hiding, is it bad?
我明白。他所隐瞒的事……是不是不好的事?
Oh, okay, um, maybe it’s better that I don’t know.
哦,吧,嗯……也许我还是不知道的比较好。
Bree, how does this reconciliation have a chance if the two of you cannot be honest about the innermost parts of your lives?
BREE,如果你们在生活中最隐密的事上,都不能对另一方诚实,种和解怎么可能会有希望?
We’re, um, WASPs, Doctor Goldfine.
我们是,嗯,白种新教徒,GOLDFINE医生。
Not acknowledging the elephant in the room is what we do best.
对碍眼的事情视而不见,是我们最擅长的事。
You’d settle for that? A life filled with repression and denial?
你能忍受……这种充满压抑和拒绝的生活吗?
And the dinner parties. Don’t forget the dinner parties.
还有晚宴。不要忘记还有晚宴。

影视精讲


plan on: 打算
How can we change our original plan on a sudden impluse?
一时心血来潮, 就改变了原计划,那怎么行呢?

whiz by: 呼啸而过
They eat crouched in corners or on the street as cars whiz by.
他们蹲在角落里或在轿车呼啸而过大街上吃饭。
Trees whiz by on the way to the okefenokee swamp, georgia, u.s.
在前往美国乔治亚州奥克弗诺基沼泽的路上,路边的树木呼啸而过。

have an affair: 有外遇
Then why did he have an affair?
那为什么他会有外遇?

figure out: 弄明白
Her mission was to figure out what where she could make an impact.
她的使命是找出自己能够施加影响的领域。

settle for: 勉强同意,接受
Virginia was a perfectionist. She was just not prepared to settle for anything mediocre...
弗吉尼娅是个完美主义者,她根本不愿意拿任何普普通通毫无特色的东西将就。
England will have to settle for third or fourth place.


分享到
重点单词
  • reconciliationn. 调和,和解 n. [会]对账
  • mediocreadj. 平庸的,平凡的
  • achievev. 完成,达到,实现
  • imaginaryadj. 想象的,虚构的
  • figuren. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型 v. 演算,
  • swampn. 沼泽,湿地 v. 淹没,陷于沼泽
  • impactn. 冲击(力), 冲突,影响(力) vt. 挤入,压紧
  • originaladj. 最初的,原始的,有独创性的,原版的 n. 原件
  • infidelityn. 不信神,无信仰,背信
  • elegantadj. 优雅的,精美的,俊美的