《绝望的主妇》 第259期:我要做个绝世好妈妈
日期:2015-01-28 09:12

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Hi. I'm here to see Lynette Scavo.
嗨。我来见Lynette Scavo。
Oh, hi. Excuse me. Hi. I'm Lynette. You must be Fran.
哦,嗨。失陪一下。嗨。我是Lynette。你一定是Fran。
Yeah, hi. Ed said you needed to talk to me. I couldn't imagine about what.
嗨。Ed说你要和我谈谈。我猜不出是关于什么。
Oh, well, come on in my office.
哦,来,到我办公室说吧。
You want me to put my daughter in daycare? But I'm a stay-at-home mom.
你想让我把孩子送到日间寄托?但我是个全职妈妈啊!
I'm not suggesting that you sign her up for all day.
我不是建议你让她一天都寄托在这。
Maybe just a couple of hours in the afternoon.
也许就下午的几个小时。
Wouldn't that be great? Have some time to yourself, relax, unwind?
那不是很棒么?自己独享一些时间,放松,缓解一下压力。
I don't need to unwind. I love taking care of little Mindy.
我没什么压力可缓解的。我喜欢照顾我的小Mindy。
Oh, of course, of course, but we all have days when we're starting to lose it.
哦,当然了,当然了,但我们都总有一天受不了的。
Wouldn't it be nice to have some place totake her before you want to strangle her?
在你想要捏死她之前,有个地方可以寄托不是很好么?
I cherish every moment I spend with her, truly.
我和她在一起的每一秒钟我都很珍惜,真的?
Really? Yeah. Look, I'm gonna level with you.
是么?是啊,听我说。我跟你实话实说把。
Parcher and Murphy can't have a day care center unless we have at least sixteen kids and without little Mindy, we only have fifteen.
Parcher&Murphy公司不会设立寄托中心,除非有16个以上的孩子,没有Mindy 我们只够15个。
Well, that's not my problem.
这就不是我的问题了。
Okay. Okay. I just thought I'd give it a shot.
好吧。好吧。我就是想试试看。
Well, I wish I could help you, but I can't.
我希望能帮上你,但真抱歉。
Okay.
好吧。
Lynette.
Lynette。
Yeah.
好啊。
Can I ask you something?
我能问你个问题么?
Yeah.
好啊。
Why did you have kids if you weren't gonna raise them?
你不抚养孩子为什么还要生孩子呢?
Excuse me?
什么?
Well, I just don't understand women who say they want to be mothers, but then hand their kids over to glorified babysitters.
我就是不能理解有些女人说想当母亲,却把孩子交给美其名曰的“保姆”。
I work because my family needs me to.
我的家庭需要我我才工作的。
Oh, dear, I've upset you, and that wasn't my intention.
哦,亲爱的,我让你不高兴了,我本意不是这样的。
I bet. Make no mistake, I'm a good mother.
当然了。别错怪我了,我是个好母亲。
That's the difference between us. I couldn't settle for being a good mother.
这就是我们的区别。做个好母亲不是我的目标。
I want to be a great one. Bye-bye.
我要做个满分母亲。再见。
Bye-bye.
再见。

影视精讲


sign up: 签字参加
Some 30,000 new users sign up daily.
每日新注册用户达到3万人。

level with: 对…谁实话
You got to level with me.
你必须对我说实话。
Really? Yeah. Look, I'm gonna level with you.
是么?是啊,听我说。我跟你实话实说把。

give it a shot: 试试看
I think amy and I can give it a shot.
我觉得我和艾米应该再试试。
So l wanna give it a shot.
所以我决定试一下。

分享到
重点单词
  • upsetadj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的 v. 推翻,翻倒,扰乱
  • intentionn. 意图,意向,目的
  • settlev. 安顿,解决,定居 n. 有背的长凳
  • cherishvt. 珍爱,抚育,珍藏
  • unwindv. 展开,松开
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为