《绝望的主妇》第28期:与出轨丈夫间无尽的争吵
日期:2013-05-02 17:59

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Susan: I'm coming!
来了!
Susan: Karl, what are you doing here? I asked you to come tomorrow.
Karl,你在这干什么? 我让你明天来。
Karl: You said you wanted to talk. It sounded important.
你说你想谈谈,听上去很重要的样子。
Susan: Tomorrow. I'm in a towel.
明天! 我全身只裹着条浴巾。
Karl: We were married 14 years. I know what's under there. Come on.
我们结婚14年了。我知道那下面有些什么,说吧。
Susan: I'm not really ready for this. I was going to have a whole speech prepared.
我还没准备好。我本来是打算把想说的东西整个准备好的。
Karl: Brandi and I have plans tomorrow. I suggest you wing it.
Brandi和我明天有计划了。我建议你还是即兴发挥吧。
Susan: um, okay. Here's the thing, Karl — I was thinking about what happened in the driveway yesterday, and... II just don't want to —
嗯,好吧。是这样的, Karl……我在想昨天在车道上发生的事情。我……我只是不想……
I don't want to live like that. I don't want to be that kind of person, and I just thought if the two of us, you know, if we had a nice, calm —
我不想那样子生活。我不想做那样的人,而且我想如果我们两个,你知道,如果我们能有一个愉快,冷静……
Susan: I need an apology, Karl.
我要你道歉,Karl。
Karl: A what?
什么?
Susan: An apology for the way you ended our marriage. You never took any responsibility for your behavior.
要你为这样终止我们婚姻而道歉。你对于你的行为从来没有负责过。
Karl: I don't know what to say, Susan. The heart wants what it wants.
我不知道该说什么,Susan。一切顺从心意。
Susan: What does that mean?
什么意思?
Karl: I fell in love.
我爱上别人了。
Susan: While you were married to someone else.
在你已经和其他人结婚的时候。
Karl: The heart wants what it wants.
一切顺从心意。
Susan: Yeah, well, my heart wants to hurt you, but I can control myself.
是啊,我心里想伤害你,但我能控制自己。
Karl: II don't want to go back to that ugly place, really, and if you do, I suggest that you get some help.
我 我真的不想再回到那种不愉快的境地。如果你想的话,我建议你寻求一些帮助。
Susan: You know what? I don't need an apology. I don't need anything from you.
你知道么?我不需要一个道歉。我不想从你那儿得到任何东西。
Karl: You're humiliating yourself.
你在羞辱你自己。
Susan: No, you're the one who's been humiliated, Karl. Why don't you see that? You walked out on your family.
不,被羞辱的人是你,Karl。为什么你不明白呢? 你抛下了自己的妻女。
People think you're scum, not me, so worry about yourself. I'm okay with me. I can walk down the street and hold my head high.
人们会认为你是渣子,而不是我。所以担心担心你自己吧,我可很好。我能昂首挺胸地走在街上。

重点讲解

重点讲解

wing it
即兴表演
Don' t worry. I know that you can wing it.
别担心,我知道你可以即兴演出。
I guess you'll have to wing it.
我想你必须硬着头皮上场了。

take responsibility for
对…负起责任
Don't worry. If anything goes wrong, I'll take responsibility for it.
没关系, 出了问题我兜着。

fall in love
陷入爱河
It is natural that he should fall in love with such a beautiful girl.
他爱上那位美丽的姑娘是很自然的事。

walk out on
离开,抛弃
You can't walk out on the contract, or you could be taken to court.
你不能违反合同,否则你会被送上法庭。
You can't just walk out on us like this.
你不能就这么把我们扔下就走了。

scum
[俚语]槽粕
They are the scum of the earth.
他们都是些人类的渣滓。

背景介绍

剧中四位女主角分别代表着四种截然不同的主妇形象:离婚主妇苏珊、完美主妇布里、强人主妇勒奈特、漂亮主妇嘉比,四个漂亮多金,无须为工作发愁的女性,她们的生活看上去完美无缺,但其实她们都在用“幸福”粉饰自己早已混乱不堪的生活,她们用自己的现实生活打破了 “王子与公主”的婚姻童话。

分享到
重点单词
  • apologyn. 道歉;勉强的替代物
  • contractn. 合同,契约,婚约,合约 v. 订合同,缩短,缩小,
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • humiliatedv. 屈辱(humiliate的过去式);使…丢脸,使…