《绝望的主妇》第212期:一招中枪人人看笑话
日期:2014-10-30 09:23

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Hi. What are you doing here?
嗨,你在这干什么?
Well, you protected me from a hail of gun fire, so I thought I'd stop by and give you a card.
你在枪林弹雨中保护了我,所以我想我该来看看你,送张卡片。
You're my first visitor.
你是我第一个看望者。
What do you mean, I'm your first visitor? You've been here two days.
什么?你第一个看望者?你都在这呆了两天了。
My office sent me flowers.
我的办公室给我送来了花。
Dear David, who knew you could actually bleed?
亲爱的David,没想到你也能流出血来。
Sincerely, your stunned co-workers.
你真诚,惊愕的同事们。
Yeah, well, I'm a lawyer who got shot. Everybody's cracking wise.
是啊,我是个中弹的律师,每个人都很精明。
You're not gonna eat?
你不吃么?
Uh, can't really cut yet.
我没法切...
Well, I'm not gonna let you starve to death.
我不能让你饥饿致死啊。
Besides, you're gonna need your strength to get my husband out of jail.
另外我需要你有力气把我丈夫弄出来。
You know, when I was waiting for the ambulance the other day, I seriously thought I was gonna die. I was scared.
知道么,那天在我等救护车的时候,我真地以为自己会死。我很怕。
Of course you were.
你当然会怕。
Thanks
谢谢。
For what?
谢什么?
For not making any jokes.
谢你没嘲笑我。
Sure. Now, open up.
当然。好了,张嘴。

影视精讲



stop by: 顺便拜访
Stop by a corporate leader's office and introduce yourself.
顺便去公司老板的办公室拜访,并介绍你自己。
Should we stop by somewhere?
我们找个地方停下来怎么样?

starve: 挨饿
Along comes capitalism, and people starve because there's too much food!
到了资本主义,人们却因有太多的食品而挨饿!
No one should starve: that does not mean people should eat as much as possible.
人们不应挨饿:这并不意味着人们应该尽可能地多吃。


分享到
重点单词
  • corporateadj. 社团的,法人的,共同的,全体的
  • jailn. 监牢,监狱,拘留所 vt. 监禁,下狱
  • starvevi. 挨饿,受饿,(将要)饿死 vt. 使挨饿,使饿死
  • sincerelyadv. 真诚地,真心地