《绝望的主妇》第231期:热脸贴了冷屁股
日期:2014-12-04 08:44

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Hey, Mike. So my mom's wedding is in a couple days, and I know you sent back that little card saying you were coming and that you preferred beef,
嗨,mike。过几天是我妈妈的婚礼,我知道你送回了那个小卡片说你会来,还喜欢牛肉
which, actually I changed to fish for you because I tasted the beef.
不过我换成鱼了,因为我尝过牛肉了。
Anyways, I know that was before we, you know...
不管怎样,我知道那是在我们分手之前的事了。
Send your mom my apologies, but I won't be attending.
替我对你妈妈说声对不起,但是,我不会参加的。
Oh. I hope that's not just because of us not being us anymore. I mean, we could be together at a wedding and it wouldn't have to be weird.
我希望那不是因为我们分手的原因。我的意思是,我们可以一起出席婚礼宴会啊。那样并不会显得很不自然。
It'd be weird.
那样会很不自然的。
Of course. Yeah, I see that.
当然,是的。我明白了。
Oh, uh. So what have you been doing lately?
那么你近来有什么安排?
Oh, just the usual.
哦,和往常一样。
Well, I've been writing a book. It's sort of autobiographical.
那好,我最近在写一本书,有几分自传体的感觉。
Really been forcing me to reexamine some of the different things that have made me,
写书让我去自省我之所以如今这样的经历,
like the fact that my mother had me so young, and I never knew my dad. Big stuff like that.
比如我妈妈年轻的时候就有了我,我从不知道我父亲是谁,诸如此类的事情。
I told you about my dad, right? He was a Merchant Marine, and his platoon was killed in the Battle of Hanoi?
我和你说过我父亲,对吗?他... 他是一个商船队的船员,他们在河内战役的时候被杀了?
That's strange.
那很奇怪啊。
Why?
为什么?
Well, Hanoi wasn't enemy territory. There wasn't a battle there.
嗯,河内不是敌方的区域。那里也没有战役发生。
Are you sure? That's what my mom said.
你确信吗?那是我妈妈说的。
I'm pretty sure, yeah. The Merchant Marines don't fight. They deliver supplies on ships.
我非常明确。商船队不参战的。他们只是负责船上的补给。
Oh. Well, clearly I have more research to do.
哦,看来我还得好好研究研究。
So, what do you think? My life story, would you rush out and buy a copy?
那么你有什么想法?我的生活经历。你会迫不及待的买一本吗?
Susan...
Susan...
Yeah?
什么?
You really need to step back.
你应该退后一点。

影视精讲


sort of: 有点
Sort of cooperation whether you want it or not.
不管你愿不愿意,多少都得合作。
Is this sort of integration a realistic prospect?
这是一种一体化的现实前景?

rush out: 冲出去
But before you rush out to trade in that tired old job for something new and invigorating, there's a lot of planning and self-examination that needs doing.
不过,在你冲出去,以那份讨厌的旧工作换取一些新的令人振奋的工作之前,还需要做很多计划和自省。
He saw two thieves rush out and run towards a waiting car.
他看到两个小偷冲出来然后朝等待在那的车跑去。

step back: 退后
So take a step back and think about your goals.
所以后退一步,认真思索你的目标。
Group messaging represents a step back from broadcasting.
群发短信表现出了一种回退,退向广播时代。

分享到
重点单词
  • realisticadj. 现实的,现实主义的
  • cooperationn. 合作,协作
  • autobiographicaladj. 自传的,自传体的
  • merchantn. 商人,店主,专家 adj. 商业的 vt. 做买卖
  • invigoratingvt. 振兴(invigorate的ing形式) adj
  • territoryn. 领土,版图,领域,范围
  • integrationn. 综合,集成,同化