《绝望的主妇》第219期:要么瘦要么丑死
日期:2014-11-14 20:07

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Well, what do you think?
你怎么看?
It is glorious. I have to have it.
真好看,就要它了。
I’m not sure you deserve Dolce and Gabbana.
不知道你是否该穿Dolce & Gabbana。
Vern.
Vern
You never call, you never write.
你不打电话,也不写信。
I know I haven’t been to the store lately but I’ve been a little busy getting my husband out of jail.
我知道最近没来光顾,但我一直忙着把我丈夫弄出监狱。
That’s such a white-trash thing to say.
真可怜啊。
Luckily, the judge dropped the hate crime charge. judge: 法官
好在法官没有追究仇恨犯罪。
So now all Carlos has to do is serve out the slave labor thing. He’ll be out in six months.
Carlos只要服完劳役即可,六个月后就刑满释放了。
If he’s still in the hoosegow, why do you need the fancy party dress.
他既然还在坐牢,你还需要这么花哨的衣服干吗?
Because some of my model friends are coming down from New York on Friday so I have to look better than ever.
因为周六有几个纽约来的模特朋友来看我,我得看上去光彩照人才行。
I can’t have them thinking I moved to the suburbs and I shop at strip malls.
我可不能让他们看出来我搬到了市郊后就在大卖场买衣服。
When they see this dress they will crumple to the floor like the Botox tags they are.
但是她们要是看到你这身衣服肯定要惊叹得拜倒在地呀
Good. You know what? It’s a little snug.
很好,衣服好像有点紧。
Yeah, I see that. I have the same thing in a zero, why not go up a size?
我也看出来了。不过这款衣服还有别的尺寸,换大一号的试试吧。
Because I wear a double zero, you twerp!
我就要穿小号的,笨蛋!
Why are you getting snippy?
你干吗这么大火?
Because you just called me fat!
因为你刚刚说我胖了。
Honey, you’re pregnant. Your body’s changing.
哦,你怀孕了。身体自然发生了变化。
But I’m only three months pregnant. Women don’t show at three months.
可是我才三个月啊,三个月肚子没那么大啊。
Some women do. Do you want the larger size or not?
有些人三个月肚子很大了。还要不要大号的了?
I’m just not gonna eat for two days.
那我干脆两天不吃饭。
Okay, you totally deserve to wear Dolce and Gabana.
好吧,你可以穿Dolce & Gabbana了。

影视精讲


drop charge【撤销控诉】
As a result, curry has said he may have to drop the murder charge.
因此,特里称他可能不得不撤销谋杀指控。
Lack of evidence forced the police to drop the charge against him.
由于缺乏证据,警察不得不放弃了对他的指控。

serve out: 服满
He will never serve out his time as an apprentice.
他永远出不了师。

slave labor: 苦役
Soon great plantations, supported by slave labor, made some families very wealthy.
不久之后出现了依靠奴隶劳动的大庄园,使一些家庭成了富豪。

分享到
重点单词
  • stripn. 长条,条状,脱衣舞 v. 脱衣,剥夺,剥去
  • apprenticen. 学徒 v. 使当学徒
  • deservevi. 应该得到 vt. 应受,值得
  • snugadj. 温暖舒适的,合身的,安全的 v. 使整洁干净,
  • jailn. 监牢,监狱,拘留所 vt. 监禁,下狱
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • evidencen. 根据,证据 v. 证实,证明