《绝望的主妇》第222期:着实命运弄人
日期:2014-11-19 08:45

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Who is it?
哪位?
It’s your ex-husband.
你的前夫?
Oh, Karl. What do you want?
哦,Karl,有什么事?
Uh, Edie and I just broke up.
Edie和我刚刚分手。
Oh. Well, come on in.
哦,进来吧。
I’m sorry to come over on such short notice. But, I couldn’t face going to a hotel.
不好意思这么突然,但我又不愿意去旅馆住。
Oh, that’s okay. Julie’s staying at a friend’s tonight. You can sleep in her room.
没事,Julie,反正去朋友家了。你可以睡在她屋里。
The sofa’s fine, thanks.
沙发就可以了,不过谢谢你。
So am I allowed to ask what happened?
那么我能问问出什么事了吗?
You could ask, but I won’t tell.
可以问,但我不会告诉你的。
Why not?
为什么?
'Cause it’s embarrassing.
因为说出来丢人现眼的。
Karl, did you cheat again?
Karl,你是不是在外面又有女人了?
No.
没有。
Did she cheat?
那她在外面有别的男人了?
No.
也没有。
You finally saw her without her makeup?
你终于看到她卸妆后的样子了?
Susan.
Susan...
I’m sorry. Are you okay?
不好意思。你没事吧?
Yeah. Haven’t been working for quite a while. This was inevitable.
恩,其实这么长时间来一直不顺畅。发生这事也在所难免。
Well, these days anybody going through a break-up gets my sympathy.
如今谁分手了,我都同情。
That’s right. I heard you made the plumber angry.
没错,听说你惹火了那个水管工。
No, I made the plumber furious. That is definitely over. So there will be no gloating from me.
不是,我是惹怒了他。彻底结束了。所以你分手,我不会沾沾自喜了。
Here’s to no gloating.
那就敬一杯。
Actually, I’m trying to keep a positive outlook on the whole thing. Um, last night I started writing and, well, I think there’s a book in there.
其实我一直想就这事保持乐观态度。呃..昨天晚上,我就动笔写了写,呃...我想完全可以写本书出来。
A book?
书?
Yeah.
是的
Like one of your children’s books?
儿童读物?
Nope. This one’s for adults about all my failed relationships.
不,是给成年人看的关于我失败的恋爱和婚姻。
You’re not writing about me, are you?
你不会在写我吧?
You’re, like, the first fourteen chapters.
你可能得占据前14章。
Are you gonna be fair?
写的时候公正吗?
I’m gonna be honest.
我会实话实说的。
I was afraid of that.
我就怕那个。

影视精讲


break up: 分手
They are terribly upset by the break-up of their parents' marriage.
父母婚姻破裂让他们极度苦恼。

come over : 拜访
I already told you not to come over.
我已经告诉你别过来了。

go through: 经历
But will anyone have the bottle to go through with it?
但是谁会有胆量经受这件事?
Men go through a change of life emotionally just like women.
男人和女人一样,也要在情绪上经历更年期。

sympathy: 同情
I have had very little help from doctors and no sympathy whatsoever.
我从医生那里没有得到什么帮助,也未获得丝毫同情。
It sounds as if he's just angling for sympathy.
听起来好像他只是在博取同情。

分享到
重点单词
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • sympathyn. 同情,同情心,同感,赞同,慰问
  • upsetadj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的 v. 推翻,翻倒,扰乱
  • inevitableadj. 不可避免的,必然(发生)的
  • plumbern. 水管工人