《绝望的主妇》第191期:被宠坏的娇妻
日期:2014-09-22 17:03

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Mrs. Solis. David Bradley.
Solis夫人,我是David Bradley。
Look I feel really bad about the tone of our meeting
上次我的态度不好,实在抱歉,
so to make up for it, I’m gonna do you a favor.
为了表示歉意, 我想帮忙。
The more I think of it, the more I’m convinced your marriage is a train wreck,
我又仔细想了想,觉得你们的婚姻基本上就好比一次火车出轨事故。
the gnarly type, you know, mass casualties.
最严重的那种,死伤严重
Anyway, I’m passing on the name of a divorce lawyer. K-
不过我这有个不错的律师专门处理离婚案件,叫Kir…
You have some nerve, leaving that message on my machine.
你竟然敢留言说那样的话?!
You realize this is entirely inappropriate.
你就这么进来很没礼貌。
I will tell you what is inappropriate.
我来告诉你什么叫没礼貌。
You making sweeping assumptions about the state of my marriage.
你自以为是好像很了解我的婚姻状况
Care for a drink?
要喝点吗?
No. I like to keep a clear head when I’m telling people off.
不!我发火的时候要保持头脑清醒
What makes you think you know anything about me or my husband?
你凭什么对我和我丈夫指指点点?
Well, your husband’s record speaks for itself. But you, I’d rely on my instincts.
你丈夫的案底就能说明一切,至于你, 我是凭直觉猜的。
Would those be the same instincts that picked out that cologne?
你也是凭直觉抹了这种古龙香水?
You’re privileged. You’re pampered. You’re spoiled. You want what you want, when you want it. You want excitement.
你被惯坏了,宠坏了。你随心所欲惯了,你需要激情。
A quickie every five months in a prisontrailer isn’t gonna scratch that itch.
每五个月跑一趟监狱可没法满足你。
With all due respect, I will decide for myself what needs to be scratched and when.
恕我直言,我自己会决定什么能满足我。
Mrs. Solis, you are a beautiful, desirable woman.
Solis夫人,你是位漂亮而让人向往的女人。
Your husband is a dimwit. A corrupt violentcriminal. You could do so much better.
而你丈夫则是个有暴力倾向的罪犯,你能做的更好。
Are you hitting on me?
你是不是在泡我?
What would you say if I were?
如果我说是的,你会怎样?
I’d say I’m pregnant!
我会说我怀孕了。
So, I see you’re stuck.
原来你是进退两难。
I’m not stuck, Mr. Bradley. Believe it or not, I love my husband.
我不是进退两难,Bradley先生。不信由你, 我爱我的丈夫。
I charge seven hundred dollars an hour plus Xeroxing.
我一小时收费700美元,影印费另加。
I’ll pay you six and I expect a conjugal visit tomorrow by noon.
我付你六百美元,而且我希望明天中午就有探视权。
Aren't you demanding.
你要求可真高。
Like you said. I want what I want when I want it.
真如你所说,我随心所欲惯了。

影视精讲



make up for: 弥补
So they build teams that make up for their shortcomings in knowledge, perspective, and experience.
所以,他们需要组建团队,弥补自己在知识、洞察力和经验方面的不足。
Do we need a period of above normal nominal gdp growth to make up for the recent recession?
我们是否需要一段名义gdp增幅高于正常水平的时期,以补偿最近的衰退?

tell off: 责备
Don't tell off your boss and co-workers, even if you think they deserve it.
即使你认为他们该骂,也不要责骂你的上司。

hit on sb : 与某人调情
Are you hitting on me?
你是不是在泡我?

believe it or not: 信不信由你
Believe it or not, you're feeling homesick.
不管你相信与否,你是有些想家了。
Believe it or not, depression can be good for your health.
信不信由你,失落可能对你的健康有好处。

分享到
重点单词
  • tonen. 音调,语气,品质,调子,色调 vt. 使更健壮,装
  • depressionn. 沮丧,萧条
  • desirableadj. 值得有的,令人满意的,有吸引力的 n. 有吸引
  • convincedadj. 信服的
  • nominaladj. 名义上的,有名无实的,名词性的 n. 名词词组
  • perspectiven. 远景,看法,透视 adj. 透视的
  • deservevi. 应该得到 vt. 应受,值得
  • massn. 块,大量,众多 adj. 群众的,大规模的 v.
  • corruptadj. 腐败的,堕落的 vt. 使 ... 恶化,贿赂
  • demandingadj. 要求多的,吃力的