《绝望的主妇》第114期:老式价值观已不管用了
日期:2014-04-01 17:56

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


Bree Van De Kamp believed in old-fashioned values.
Bree Van De Kamp相信老式的价值观
Things like respect for God, the importance of family, and love of country.
对比如上帝的尊敬,对家庭的重视,与对祖国的热爱
In fact, Bree believed so strongly in her values, it was always a shock whenever she was confronted with those who didn't.
事实上,Bree太过执著于自己的价值观,以至于每当她面对与她价值观相异的人,她总是会感到震惊。
It's not mine.
那不是我的
You promised the cheating had stopped, Rex. You promised.
你保证不再背叛我了,Rex,你保证过了。
Could we not yell at each other? I'm feeling really lousy today.
我们可以不要冲着对方嚷嚷吗?我今天感觉很不好。
I want you out of the house!
我要你离开这幢房子!
Bree, look at me. It's not mine.
Bree,看着我。这不是我的。
Well, then, whose is it? It didn't just magically appear in my laundry basket.
好吧,那么,这是谁的?它不可能像变魔术一样突然出现在我的洗衣篮里吧。
Well, I'm not the only guy in this house that uses that hamper.
似乎,在这个家里我不是唯一一个用这东西的人。
No.

Sorry.
抱歉。
Andrew is still a child.
Andrew还是个孩子。
He's sixteen. It's not unheard of.
他16岁了,这不是什么稀罕事。
Honey, you have to talk to him.
亲爱的,你必须和他谈谈。
And tell him what?
跟他说什么?
Tell him that we found his condom and that he is forbidden from - y'know.
跟他说我们找到了他的避孕套,告诉他禁止那个……
I can absolutely tell him that we think he's too young, but I don't think it's gonna do any good.
我完全可以告诉他我们觉得他还太小,但我不认为这会有什么效果。
Well, then the least we can do is go searchhis room and if we find any more of these, we'll confiscate them.
那么,我们至少可以搜搜他的房间,如果发现还有这东西,就全部没收。
And that will accomplish what?
那样的话又能怎样呢?
Well, if we take away his condoms, maybe—
如果我们拿走他的避孕套,也许——
He's a teenage boy. We could take awayhis penis. He'd still try to have sex.
他是个十几岁的男孩了,我们就算把他的“小兄弟”拿走他仍然会试着去做爱。
Well, we can't put it back in his room. I mean that would be like we're condoning him having pre-marital sex.
但我们不能把这个放回他的房间。我的意思是,那好像是我们在默许他发生未成熟性关系。
Bree, let me put this another way. Do you want to become a grandmother?
Bree,让我换个角度来说吧。你想成为奶奶吗?
Yes, Bree believed in old-fashioned values, but she also believed it was better to be safe than sorry.
是的,Bree信奉老式的价值观,但她同样相信,与其事后后悔,不如事前安全。

影视精讲


believe in: 信仰,相信
Do you truly believe in yourself?
你真的完完全全地信任自己吗?
We are doing what we believe in.
我们在做自己信仰的事。

confront with: 面对,面临
I have been confront with a new problem.
我正面临一个新的问题。
We should confront with hardships in our life, not avoid them.
我们应该正视生活中的困难,而不是逃避它们。

yell at: 对…大叫
I wanted to yell at her, but my initial anger was quickly anaesthetised by shock.
我很想冲着她大吼一顿,可很快,惊愕麻痹了我的怒火。

unheard of: 前所未闻…
Of course, this is an extreme situation, but it is far from unheard of.
当然,这是一种极端的情况,但它远非闻所未闻的事情。

分享到
重点单词
  • hampern. 大篮子 vt. 阻止,妨碍
  • initialn. (词)首字母 adj. 开始的,最初的,字首的 v
  • accomplishvt. 完成
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • laundryn. 洗衣店,要洗的衣服,洗衣
  • yellv. 大叫 n. 大喊
  • confiscatev. 没收,充公,查抄
  • avoidvt. 避免,逃避
  • forbiddenadj. 被禁止的
  • extremeadj. 极度的,极端的 n. 极端,极限