《绝望的主妇》第59期:家庭主妇也是惹不起的
日期:2013-09-03 08:46

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Jordana, Maisy, here are the costumes, right on time.
你们好,Dana,Maisy。这是你们的戏服,准时做好了。
Thank you, Lynette. This is a bit awkward.
谢谢你,Lynette。真不好意思,
There has been an oversight with the programs.
有些小的疏忽。
Celia Bond is still credited with costumes. They forgot to tell the printer.
还需要一套戏服,他们忘了告诉你了。
Uh-huh. Ah, incidently, who is they, as in they forgot to tell the printer?
他们是谁?为什么忘了告诉我?
That would be me. I’m sorry, but I was just so overworked this week,
是我,真对不起,但是我这个星期工作太忙了。
what with all the script changes that you demanded.
我一直在考虑你所要求的改动剧本的事情。
Well, these things happen. Oh, I’ll be right back.
这种事是常有的。哦,我马上回来。
Would you do something with this, it looks like road kill.
你来处理一下这个,它太难看了。
Okay, lady, that’s it!
好吧,夫人,我受够了。
I beg your pardon?
你说什么?
Maisy, we have kids the same age,
我们的孩子都差不多大,
which means there are years ahead of us, having to deal with each other.
所以我们要相处好几年。
So instead of playing all these petty games, why don’t we put an end to this right now.
为什么我们不面对面的说清楚玩这些小把戏算什么?
What are you saying?
你在说什么?
Let’s take it outside.
让我们摆到桌面上来说。
Let’s take what outside?
什么摆到桌面上?
Your sorry ass. We’re throwing down.
你故意刁难我的做法。
You are crazy!
你疯了!
Just being practical. Isn’t it better to settle this once and for all,
我说得很实际。我们现在把问题说清楚,
rather than endure all this alpha mom crap until our kids graduate?
省得到孩子毕业的时候还在暗斗。
Hmmm? Come on! I’ll even let you take the first shot.
快点,看看谁先来?
I don’t have time for this.
我没有时间。
Yeah, I didn’t think so.
我不这么认为。
And just so you know, next spring when we do Bambi,
下次当我们的孩子来这儿的时候,
his mother is going to take a slug to the heart, and you’re going to like it!
他们的妈妈会进行一场拳击,你会喜欢的。

影视精讲


重要词组

on time: 准时
oversight: 堪漏、失察
be credited with: 认为某人有某物
be right back: 马上回来
road kill: 公路事故
ahead of: 在…前面
deal with: 与…打交道
put an end to: 结束,使终止
throw down: 挑战
once and for all: 彻底地,一次了结地

语意表达:疏忽;忽略;失察If there has been an oversight, someone has forgotten to do something which they should have done.
句型操练:William was angered and embarrassed by his oversight...
威廉因为自己的疏忽而羞愤交加。
By an unfortunate oversight, full instructions do not come with the product.
由于一个不幸的疏忽,产品未能附上完整的说明。
句型出处:There has been an oversight with the programs.
有些小的疏忽。

语意表达:公然挑衅;大胆挑战If you throw down a challenge to someone, you do something new or unexpected in a bold or forceful manner that will probably cause them to reply or react equally strongly.
句型操练:The regional parliament threw down a new challenge to the central authorities by passing a law allowing private ownership of businesses...
地方议会通过了一项法律,允许企业私有,这向中央政权发起了新的挑战。
Government ministers have been responding to the challenge thrown down by their former colleague.
政府部长们一直在应对从前的同事的公然挑战。
句型出处:Your sorry ass. We’re throwing down.
你故意刁难我的做法。


分享到
重点单词
  • boldadj. 大胆的,粗体的,醒目的,无礼的,陡峭的
  • endurevt. 忍耐,容忍 vi. 持久,持续
  • settlev. 安顿,解决,定居 n. 有背的长凳
  • unexpectedadj. 想不到的,意外的
  • reactvt. 作出反应 vi. 起反应,起作用,反攻
  • scriptn. 手稿,脚本,手迹 vt. 为...准备手稿
  • forcefuladj. 有力的,强烈的
  • unfortunateadj. 不幸的,令人遗憾的,不成功的 n. 不幸的人
  • awkwardadj. 笨拙的,尴尬的,(设计)别扭的
  • embarrassedadj. 尴尬的,局促不安的,拮据的