《绝望的主妇》第396期:原来是外貌协会的
日期:2016-05-13 16:03

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听

Okay, look, we have to find another mother.
我们必须得换一个妈妈。
Why?
为什么?
Okay, this isn't easy to say, so I'm just going to say it,
这还不明显?我就直说了吧,
but have you taken a good look at her?
你有没有看到她长什么模样?
Oh, my god. Are you trying to say that you don't want Deanna's baby because she's plain?
天啊,你是因为她长的一般,就不想要孩子了?
No, plain I can handle.
“一般”我还能接受。
Carlos, since that woman has walked into our house, the clocks have stopped working.
Carlos,这个女的自打进我们家门,我们家的钟都停了。
No one can predict what a child is going to look like.
可没人知道孩子会长什么样啊。
For all you know, her kid could end up winning beauty contests.
说不定生出来的孩子以后,还参加选美比赛呢。
With her D.N.A., the only thing that kid's going to be winning is best in show.
拜托,就她那个DNA,生出来的孩子最多去怪胎展。
Look, Carlos, I am sorry, but I want a pretty baby, so let's find another mother.
不好意思,Carlos。我想要长的好看的孩子,所以我们还是换个母亲吧。
Mm-mm, I'm not going to let your shallow obsession with looks screw this up.
不行,我可不会让你的虚荣心搞砸了这事。
I want a child. Any child.
我想要孩子,任何孩子都行。
Fine. Just know that in a couple of days, when that thing is born,
好吧,过几天孩子生出来,
and you're going to have to cuddle and snuggle upwith something with that face on it,
你得抱着那个丑八怪,到时候,
don't come crying to me."
可不要跟我哭哭啼啼。
I'm sorry. Now, where were we?
不好意思,说到哪里了?
We were just talking about the custodyarrangement once Deanna gives birth.
说到孩子生出来后的抚养安排问题。
It's usually best that the motherdoesn't see the child at all.
一般来说,母亲是不能见生出来的孩子的。
So, as soon as the doctors finishgiving their initial checkup...
所以,只要医生已完成检查…
...the baby will be handed over to you.
孩子会立刻交给你们。
Yes, Gabrielle had always been a demanding shopper.
是啊,Gabriel Solis一直是个非常讲究的购物狂。
Sorry.
不好意思。
Because she knew there are some purchases that can't be returned.
因为她知道,有些东西买回来就不能退货了。

影视精讲

take a look at: 看一看、检查
Let's take a look at some of the figures involved.
让我们看一下涉及的一些数字。
In case you think I was incautious, take a look at the map.
如果你认为我不够仔细,就自己看看地图。

walk into: 走近
He's walking into a situation that he absolutely can't control.
他正陷入自己完全无法控制的局面。

hand over to: 移交给
Now she feels the time has come to hand over to someone else.
先在她感觉到了移交权力的时候了。
The occupation army had to hand over to the local government.
占领军不得不把军权和一切军事设施移交给当地政府。

分享到
重点单词
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • plainn. 平原,草原 adj. 清楚的,坦白的,简单的,平坦
  • predictv. 预知,预言,预报,预测
  • occupationn. 职业,侵占,居住
  • screwn. 螺钉,螺丝,螺旋,螺旋桨,螺状物 v. 拧,拧紧
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • shallowadj. 浅的,薄的 n. 浅滩,浅处 v. 变浅
  • obsessionn. 困扰,沉迷,着魔,妄想
  • handlen. 柄,把手 v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭
  • demandingadj. 要求多的,吃力的