《绝望的主妇》第182期:才华重于家庭?
日期:2014-09-07 19:14

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Hi. I'm sorry to interrupt. I knocked,but I guess you guys didn't hear me.
嗨。不好意思打扰了。我敲门了,我猜你们没听到。
No, we heard you. We were just hoping that whoever it was would go away.
不,我们听见了。我们只是期望敲门的人赶快走。
I'm still hoping that'll happen.
我现在也这么期望
What's up, mom?
什么事,妈?
Well, I have good news.
我有个好消息。
Um, I've been taking piano lessons with BettyApplewhite, and, uh, well, I just thought maybe I could join you guys.
我在Betty Applewhite那里上钢琴课,所以...我想也许我可以加入你们。
You know, like a trio. Doesn't that sound fun?
你们知道,像一个三人组合。- 听起来很好玩吧?
I don't do trios, but thanks anyway.
我不搞三人组合,还是谢谢你了。
Well, I don't mean to be technical here, but this show, I mean, it really is supposed to be a family thing, and I hate to point out you're not family.
我不是想打扰你们,只是这个节目,真的本该是一个家庭活动的,不好意思提醒一下你不是家人。
No, but I have talent, and to most audiences, talent trumps family.
我不是,但我有才华,对大多数观众来说,才华重于家庭。
Well, what makes you so sure I don't have talent?
你怎么就知道我没有才华呢?
Hmm, just a hunch.
就是感觉。
Yeah, well, we've all seen your talent, which is a nice way oftelling you why don't you put some curtains on your bedroom window?
是啊,我们都知道你的才华了,这是尽量婉转的提醒你为什么不把卧室装上窗帘?
Guys!
大家...
Oh, come on, be honest. You didn't want any part of this until you found out that I was involved.
哦,得了,说实话。在知道我参与之前你根本不想管这事的。
That is so not true!
根本不是这么回事。
Oh, yes, it is. It burns you that your own daughter picked me over you.
哦就是这么回事。你的女儿选我而不是你让你冒火了。
She did not pick you. It just didn't occur to her that I would agree to do it.
她没选你。她只是没想到我会同意帮忙。
Well, now she knows, and if she had itto do over again, she'd pick me.
好,那现在她知道了,她要是能重新选择,她会选我的。
No, she wouldn't.
不,她不会。
Well, why don't we put it to a test? Julie, who would you rather have play with you?
不如我们试试看?Julie,你想要谁给你伴奏?
Oh, no, no, no, no.
哦,别别别别。
No, it's okay, honey. Who do you want to be with you in the family talent show?
没关系的,宝贝儿。你想让谁跟你一起表演家庭才艺节目。
Yes, who do you want with you in front ofall of those people? And remember, it's a church.
对,你想让谁跟你一起站在所有人面前?记得这是教堂。
They are going to be judging you.
他们会来评论你的。
Oh, okay. Well, first of all,you both suck, but if I had to choose, I guess I'd pick my mom. Sorry。Edie.
好吧。首先 你俩都够烂的,但是如果必须选的话,我想还是选我妈妈吧。对不起。Edie。
Fair enough. I'd like my pitch pipe back, please.
算公平。正音笛请还给我。

影视精讲


point out: 指出
Just the same, it's easy enough to point out flaws in the world we inhabit.
要指出我们生存的这个世界有何瑕疵很简单。
Nobody seems minded to point out an obvious fact.
似乎没人愿意指出一个显而易见的事实。

trump: 胜过
Lineage and loyalty cannot trump competence for ever.
血统与忠诚总不能一直胜过能力。
No, but I have talent, and to most audiences, talent trumps family.
我不是,但我有才华,对大多数观众来说,才华重于家庭。

pick over: 挑选
Oh, yes, it is. It burns you that your own daughter picked me over you.
哦就是这么回事。你的女儿选我而不是你让你冒火了。


分享到
重点单词
  • competencen. 能力,管辖权,技能
  • trion. 三个一组,三重唱(奏)
  • obviousadj. 明显的,显然的
  • pitchn. 沥青,树脂,松脂 n. 程度,投掷,球场,音高 v
  • inhabitv. 居住于,占据,栖息
  • loyaltyn. 忠诚,忠心
  • technicaladj. 技术的,工艺的
  • hunchn. 肉峰,预感,块 v. 弯腰驼背,弓起背部,耸肩
  • interruptv. 打断,打扰,中止,中断 n. [计算机]中断