《绝望的主妇》视听精讲第10期:最害怕的问题
日期:2013-02-04 14:42

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

LYNETTE: Years! Uh, how are you, how's the firm?
是的,你现在怎样?公司怎样?
SHOPPER: Good, everyone misses you.
很好,大家都很想念你。
LYNETTE: Yeah.
是的。
SHOPPER: We all say, if you hadn't quit, you'd be running the place by now.
我们总说如果你没有辞职,现在一定是你管理大家。
LYNETTE: Yeah, well.
是啊,呃……
SHOPPER: So… how's domestic life? Don't you just love being a mom?
那么……家居生活如何呢?是不是很爱做妈妈的感觉?
NARRATOR: And there it was the question that Lynette always dreaded.
这就是 Lynette最害怕的问题。
LYNETTE: Well, to be honest...
呃,老实说……
NARRATOR: To those who asked it, only one answer was acceptable. So, Lynette responded as she always did she lied.
对于这些提问的人,只有一个答案是令人满意的,所以Lynette就像往常一样回答了这个问题,她撒了个谎。
LYNETTE: It's the best job I've ever had.
这是我做过的最棒的工作。
JOHN: You know what I don't get?
你知道什么是我没有得到的么?
GABRIELLE: What?
什么?
JOHN: Why you married Mr. Solis.
你为什么会嫁给Solis先生。
GABRIELLE: Well, he promised to give me everything I've ever wanted.
呃…… 他承诺说给我所有想要的东西。
JOHN: Well, did he?
他做到了么?
GABRIELLE: Yes.
是啊。
JOHN: Then... why aren't you happy?
那么你为什么不开心?
GABRIELLE: Turns out I wanted all the wrong things.
看起来我似乎要错了。
JOHN: So. Do you love him?
那么你爱他么?
GABRIELLE: I do.
当然。
JOHN: Well, then, why are we here? Why are we doing this?
那么,我们在这里干嘛?为什么我们要这么做?
GABRIELLE: Because I don't wanna wake up some morning with a sudden urge to blow my brains out.
因为我不想某天早上醒来的时候,会突然想要捶打自己的头。
JOHN: Hey, can I have a drag?
嗨,我能要一根么?
GABRIELLE: Absolutely not. You are much too young to smoke.
当然不。你太年轻了,不适合抽烟。
SUSAN: How would you feel about me using your child support payments for plastic surgery?
我用给你留的钱来做整形手术,你会怎么想?
JULIE: Stop being so nervous, you're just asking him out to dinner. It's no big deal.
别这么紧张,你不过请他吃晚餐. 这不是什么大事。
SUSAN: You're right. So, is that your project for school? You know in 5th grade I made the white house out of sugar cubes.
说得对。这是你学校的作业?你知道的,我5年纪的时候,用方糖做了一个白房子。
JULIE: Stop stalling and go. Before Mike figures out he can do better.
别拖拖拉拉的,走吧。在mike发现他能找到更好的之前。
SUSAN: Tell me again why I fought for custody of you?
再说一次我为什么要这么做。
JULIE: You were using me to hurt Dad.
你在利用我打击爸爸。
SUSAN: Oh, that's right.
噢,没错!

影片简介

在Mary Alice Young 描述自己拥有的完美生活的画外音中,她对准自己的太阳穴扣动了扳机。Mary的自杀震惊了她最亲密的四个朋友,而她们自己的生活也充满了纷乱的变数。单身母亲Susan对新搬来的邻居Mike一见倾心,在女儿Julie的怂恿下,她主动送去了乔迁新居的贺礼。但是英俊的Mike还吸引了Edie Britt,这个多次离婚的性感女人请Mike去看一下。

划红精讲

1. turn out: 结果是;证明是

(1) 结果为

eg. I was positive things were going to turn out fine.
我当时就确信事情最终会好起来。

(2) 被发现是……

eg. Cosgrave's forecast turned out to be completely wrong.
科斯格累夫的预测被发现是完全错误的。

(3) 关掉

eg. The janitor comes around to turn the lights out.
那个看门人会过来把灯关掉。

2. blow out: 吹熄;爆裂

eg. I blew out the candle.
我吹灭了蜡烛。

eg. Aim To study clinical profiles and diagnosis of blow out fractures.
目的探讨眼眶爆裂性骨折的临床表现和治疗。

3. feel about: 摸索; 揣摩

eg. I had to feel about in the dark for the light switch.
我得在黑暗中摸索着找电灯开关。

4. ask out: 请(某人)外出

eg. How come when I wanted to ask out Eunice everyone made fun?
为什么我一想约尤妮丝,你们就开我玩笑?

5. no big deal: 小事一桩

eg. If the holder loses the interest, it's no big deal.
如果持有人失去了利息,这样就不会有大的交易。

eg. I filter these into a folder that I try to review nightly—but if I can't get to it nightly, no big deal.
我将这些邮件过滤到一个每夜查看的文件夹,但如果我无法在夜间查看,也不是什么大问题。

分享到
重点单词
  • forecastn. 预测,预报 v. 预测
  • filtern. 筛选,滤波器,过滤器,滤色镜 v. 过滤,渗透 [
  • clinicaladj. 临床的
  • plasticadj. 塑料的,可塑的,造型的,整形的,易受影响的 n
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • narratorn. 叙述者,讲解员
  • domesticadj. 国内的,家庭的,驯养的 n. 家仆,佣人
  • urgevt. 驱策,鼓励,力陈,催促 vi. 极力主张 n.
  • switchn. 开关,转换,鞭子 v. 转换,改变,交换,鞭打
  • surgeryn. 外科,外科手术,诊所