《绝望的主妇》第378期:别有居心的道歉
日期:2015-11-12 13:22

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听

I know that you're still angry with me, and,um, I wanted to tell you that I have, um, joined a recovery program.
我知道你还在生我的气,告诉你,我已经参加了个戒酒课程。
A.A. I just wanted you to know that and to tell you I'm sorry.
A.A.我只是想跟你说这事情,还有跟你说对不起。
You are a real friend and I value your honesty.
你是……一个真正的朋友,我很在乎你的诚实。
Oh, I don't wanna be mad anymore, and I'm so happy to hear all that and I am so proud of you.
哦,我不想再发火了,我很高兴听到这些,我非常为你骄傲。
Oh, thanks, but I'm not really out of the woods yet.
谢谢,但是我还是没有完全摆脱麻烦。
I still have this whole court case hanging over my head.
我还是有一桩法庭的案子在烦我。
I heard about that. Andrew's asking to be emancipated?
我听说了,Andrew提出要脱离监管?
Yes, and his lawyer is taking depositionsnow to see if I am a fit parent.
是的,他的律师正在调查取证,来看看我是不是一个合适的母亲。
And considering that mishap that I had with your kids, I, uh, I imagine he'll be anxious to talk to you.
考虑到那次我和你孩子之间的事故,嗯,我想他会急迫地想要和你谈话。
It makes sense, I guess.
由这可能,我觉得。
Do you have any idea what you might say?
你想过准备说些什么吗?
I, um, I'll focus on your good qualities.
我,我会集中说你的优点。
I could not ask for anything more. Thanks. See you around, I hope.
我不能再奢求更多了。谢谢。回头见。
All right. That's not why you came to apologize, is it?
没问题。那不是……你来道歉的原因,是吧?
What do you mean?
这是什么意思?
To soften me up for the deposition.
为了作证的事情,来向我求情。
Of course not. Um, I just want you to understand something.
当然不是。我只是想让你了解一些事情。
Andrew is making accusations, false accusations saying that I abused him, all because I wouldn't let him have his trust fund early so he could buy a car.
Andrew在提出指控——错误的指控,说我虐待他,因为我不肯让他提前拿到信托基金买车。
I mean, can you blame me for wanting to know if I have your support?
你可以因为我想知道你是不是支持我。而责怪我吗?
And so, what? You want me to lie? Make you look good?
那...又...怎么样?你想让我说谎?帮你掩饰?
I actually don't want anything of the sort.
我不是想要你做这种事。
Good. Because when I give my deposition, I'm going to tell the truth.
好。因为在我作证的时候,我会说出真相。

影视精讲


hear about: 听说
You will hear about this (ie will receive a formal rebuke about it) later.
这件事你就等瞧吧(要受到严厉斥责).
I wanted to hear about possible changes, but I couldn't draw them (on that).
我很想听听可能会发生什麽变动,但是(关於这一点)不管怎麽打听,他们就是不说。

make sense: 行得通
It doesn't make sense to buy that expensive coat when these cheaper ones are just as good.
这些便宜的大衣也很好,何必非买那件贵的不可。
Can you make sense of this poem?
你看得懂这首诗吗?

tell truth: 说实话
The parents should tell truth to the children.
父母们应该向孩子说实话
I was less capable than he of telling truth from falsehood.
我判断真话和谎言的本领不如他。

分享到
重点单词
  • blamen. 过失,责备 vt. 把 ... 归咎于,责备
  • recoveryn. 恢复,复原,痊愈
  • depositionn. 沉积物,沉积作用,免职,[律]宣誓作证,证言
  • apologizevi. 道歉,谢罪
  • falsehoodn. 谎言,虚假
  • softenv. (使)变柔和,(使)软化
  • mishapn. 不幸之事,灾祸,恶运
  • rebukev. 斥责,指责,阻止 n. 指责,谴责,非难
  • honestyn. 诚实,正直
  • capableadj. 有能力的,足以胜任的,有 ... 倾向的