《绝望的主妇》 第299期:挑拨离间的修女
日期:2015-04-13 08:34

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Thank you for meeting with me.
感谢你来见我。
Sure. I will have invited you to the house but the place is real pigsty.
什么话,我没请你进门,但这个地方也是不错的选择。
Carlos, I am a nun, not a moron. I know Gabrielle despises me.
Carlos,我是修女,但我不蠢。我知道Gabrielle看我不顺眼。
She‘s just jealous of you, that's all.
她只是嫉妒,就这样而已。
Of me? Oh, isn't that silly.
嫉妒我,是不是太无聊了。
She refuses to believe that I can connect with anyone on a spiritual level.
她不会相信我,能有别的知心女伴。
We do have an amazing connection. That's why I wanted to talk to you.
我们的确算知己。也就是为什么我想和你谈话。
When I saw you at church, I could tell instantly you're unhappy.
当我在教堂看到你,我一眼就能看出你不快乐。
Okay, maybe I've been a little down lately.
好吧,也许是最近心情不太好。
Tell me.
告诉我。
This whole having kids thing. SisterMary, I just, I want them so bad.
一直没有孩子。Mary修女,我真的很想要。
Gabrielle still refuses to give them to you?
Gabrielle仍然拒绝为你生孩子?
To be fair, she did have a miscarriage recently.
公平的说,她最近流产了一次。
What if she decides against kids? Whatif this is just a stall tactic?
万一她以此为借口不再要孩子?万一这都是她一手策划的?
Then I am screwed. Sorry, sorry.
那我就上当了。抱歉。
No, you're right. You're screwed. Unless...
你说得对。你是上当了。除非?
Unless what?
除非什么?
American Catholics Guide to Annulments. Sister Mary, what exactly are you saying here?
美国天主教离婚协议指导,Mary修女你究竟想说什么。
I am saying God helps those who help themselves.
我在说上帝帮助那些自助的人。

影视精讲


despise vt.鄙视,看不起
Few europeans despise their pampered politicians as much as italians do.
很少有欧洲人像意大利人一样鄙视他们那娇生惯养的政客们。
A worker may despise his manufacturing job but will continue working for a good paycheck.
一个工人可能会轻视他的生产工作,但是仍然会为了更好的收入继续工作。

To be fair 公平的说
To be fair, this was not an occasion for detailed policy pronouncements.
说句公道话,这并不是最佳时机来仔细研讨公共政策。
To be fair, such confusion is understandable.
公平地说,这些混乱是可以理解的。


分享到