《绝望的主妇》视听精讲第11期:把这些头发全塞进去
日期:2013-02-05 19:12

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

SUSAN: Hi.
嗨。
MIKE: Hey, Susan
嗨,Susan。
SUSAN: Are you busy?
你忙么?
MIKE: No, not at all, what's up?
不,一点也不,怎么了?
SUSAN: Well, I., I just was wondering, if, um, if there was any chance that, um, you would uh... I just... wanted to ask if...
呃,我……我只是,想知道,呃……有没有机会你,呃…… 我……我只想问问你是否……
SUSAN: Edie. What are you...?
Edie,你怎么……?
EDIE: I was making ambrosia, and I made too much so I thought I'd bring some over to Mike. What's going on?
我做些可口的食物,做了很多,所以拿点过来给 mike。怎么了?
MIKE: Uh, Susan was just about to ask me something.
呃,Susan 说有点事情要问我。
SUSAN: Uh... I have a clog.
噢……我的水管堵了。
MIKE: Excuse me?
什么?
SUSAN: And you're a plumber. Right?
你会修水管,不是么?
MIKE: Yeah
是啊。
SUSAN: The clog's in the pipe.
我家的水管堵了。
MIKE: Yeah, that's usually where they are.
是啊,总是这样。
SUSAN: Well, I've got one.
呃,没错。
MIKE: Well, let me get my tools.
等等,我拿点工具。
SUSAN: Now? You wanna come over now? You have company.
现在?你现在过来么?你有客人。
EDIE: I don't mind.
我不介意。
MIKE: Just give me 2 minutes. I'll be right over.
等我两分钟,我马上过去。
SUSAN: That's it, just stuff the hair down
把这些……头发全塞进去。
JULIE: I stuffed it; it's not enough to clog it.
我塞了,但是不够。
SUSAN: Here, here, look. Put in this peanut butter. And this cooking oil. And these olives!
好吧,那用这个,把这个花生酱倒进去,还有食用油,还有橄榄叶。
JULIE: Mom, Mom I'm telling you it's not working.
妈,这不行。
SUSAN: Uh, oh god. That's him. How am I gonna stuff up the sink...
哦,天啊,他来了。怎样才能把它?
MIKE: Well. Here's your problem. Looks like somebody stuffed a bunch of popsicle sticks down there.
嗯,这是你的问题。看起来好像有人把冰棒棍子扔了进来。
SUSAN: I've told Julie a million times not to play in the kitchen. Kids, y'know?
我跟julie说了很多次要她别在厨房里玩,孩子,知道么?

影片简介

在Mary Alice Young 描述自己拥有的完美生活的画外音中,她对准自己的太阳穴扣动了扳机。Mary的自杀震惊了她最亲密的四个朋友,而她们自己的生活也充满了纷乱的变数。单身母亲Susan对新搬来的邻居Mike一见倾心,在女儿Julie的怂恿下,她主动送去了乔迁新居的贺礼。但是英俊的Mike还吸引了Edie Britt,这个多次离婚的性感女人请Mike去看一下。

划红精讲

1. not at all: 一点也不

eg. But Tiny was not at all pleased; for she did not like the tiresome mole.
不过她一点也不感到高兴,因为她的确不喜欢这位讨厌的鼹鼠。

eg. Am I nervous? Not at all.
我自己一点也不紧张。

2. be about to: 将要,正打算

eg. We may be about to get an answer.
或许我们即将获得一个答案。

eg. It is therefore no small matter that this glory may be about to end.
所以如果这荣誉光环即将被褪下,那么绝不是一件小事。

3. come over: 过来

eg. Can you come over and play with my dog?
你能过来我家和我的狗狗玩儿吗?

eg. Would you please come over later today?
今天晚些时候你能过来一下吗?

4. stuff up: 堵上

(1) 堵塞,堵住

eg. He stuffed the ventilator shafts up to stop the smoke from entering his room.
他堵住了通风管道,用以防止烟气进入他的房间。

(2) 欺骗,哄骗

eg. Aren't you stuffing me up?
你不是在骗我吗?

(3) 使阻塞,使堵住

eg. My nose is terribly stuffed up today.
我的鼻子今天堵得厉害,我感冒了。

分享到
重点单词
  • plumbern. 水管工人
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • sinkn. 接收端,沟渠,污水槽,散热器 vi. 下沉,下落,
  • gloryn. 光荣,荣誉,壮丽,赞颂 vi. 为 ... 而骄傲
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟