《绝望的主妇》第322期:男人和女人的对决
日期:2015-06-03 18:55

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


I'm ready to hear those farm fresh concepts.Conference room in five Toilet Boy.
我准备好听你们的新提议,会议室五点,厕所男孩!
You are so not allowed to complain to me.
不准你向我吐苦水。
I know. You were right, okay?
我知道,你是对的,好吧?
So now I'm known throughout the advertising world as Toilet Boy.
现在我是广告圈众所周知的厕所男孩。
Tell him you're done with the games. You don't want to play anymore.
告诉他你已经受够这些游戏,你不想再玩下去。
No, no, no, I can't. I can't. If I back down now, he'll see it as a sign of weakness.
不不不,我办不到,如果我现在放弃,他就会看出我一丝懦弱。
Look, this is the way that guys do business.
听着这就是男人做生意的道。
But!
但!
So, you called it. He made me his bitch.
如果你要硬来,他会让我颜面扫地。
Here you go.
给你。
Oh.
哦。
You know, Ed, I've been thinking.
你知道,我一直在想。
We've had a lot of fun and games around here lately,
最近这里气氛异常轻松活泼,
but maybe it's time to set a slightly more professional tone in the office.
也许现在应该让办公室里添几分严肃。
Oh, I get it. Somebody went running to mommy, didn't he, huh?
噢,我明白了有人叫妈咪了,是吗?
What?
什么?
Tom loses a few bets, so he tries to get his wife to make me back off?
Tom输掉几个赌,所以他让老婆来收摊儿?
Oh, this is so Alpha Tai. I am going to make him pay.
这可不是兄弟会的规矩,我会让他亲自偿还。
No. No, you're not going to make him pay. You are going to stop this now.
不不,你不能这么做,你现在就要收手。
This is my company. If people want to work here, they play by my rules.
这是我的公司,如果人们想在这里干活,就按我的游戏规则行事。
Ed!
Ed!
What?
什么?
I'm calling you out.
我要和你一赌。
Huh?
恩?
Yes, you're right. This is your company, so I'll play by your rules.
你说得对,这是你的公司,那我要按你的游戏规则行事。
What do I have to do to get you to stop this frat boy crap? Shave my eyebrows?
我要怎么办才能让你罢手,刮掉眼睫毛?
Come to work naked? Name your stakes.
不穿衣服上班?悉听尊便。
I don't have time for this.
没时间开玩笑。
Aw, what's wrong, Ed? You afraid a Phi Kap’s going to get beaten by a girl?
怎么了,Ed?你害怕一个玩兄弟会的,会被一个小妞打败?
Come on, big man, it's just a little bet.
来啊,大男人,只是一个小赌。

影视精讲


be ready to: 乐意、准备做某事
Some may still be ready to cut deals with mr saleh.
他们中的一些可能仍然准备和萨雷先生讨价还价呢。
But will the markets be ready to wait that long?
然而市场是否能够准备好经历如此漫长的等待呢?

back down: 放弃、撤销
But on july 11th mr morsi appeared to back down.
然而仅隔一日,穆尔西似乎就做出了让步。
Many will back down from doing something they want because of that atmosphere of discouragement.
很多人会由于处于那种消极的环境而放弃原先想要做的事情。

call out: 引出、向…挑战
I wanted to call out, but my dignity prevailed.
我想喊出口,但我的自尊占据了上风。
I'm calling you out.
我要和你一赌。

分享到