《绝望的主妇》 第245期:性本善还是性本恶?
日期:2015-01-05 09:08

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


And knock wood, the doctorssay I'll keep improving slowly but surely.
谢天谢地,医生说我会复原的但会很慢
So how are you?
那你怎么样了?
Good, good. I'm seeing friends, and I just started cochairing a charity event for the junior league, and, um,
很好,见见朋友.我要合伙组织青年志愿者组织的慈善活动
and I broke up with George
而且我和George分手了
Really?
真的?
Dr. Goldfine, do you ever really cure people,
Goldfine医生,你真的治愈过
I mean, even if they're really crazy?
头脑发疯的人吗?
I'm not a big fan of that word
我不赞同你说的头脑发疯
People either have mental health or they don't.
有些人没有精神问题,有些有,
When they do have a problem, you treat them as if they had any other disease, and sometimes they get better.
当他们有问题时,你就象治疗其他有疾病的人一样,有时病情会好转
Well, when I broke up with George, I saw something in his eyes.It was a kind of malevolence,
我和George分手时,我在他的眼里看到了一些东西,狠毒的眼神
and it just didn't seem to me to be the sort of thing that you could cure.
在我看来这不是可以医治的。
I don't believe in evil either. We're all just people.
我不相信人是邪恶的,我们是普通人而已
How can you not believe in evil?
你怎么能不相信呢?
A man just threw you off a bridge for no reason.
一个人毫无理由的把你从桥上丢了下去
Exactly. He didn't know anything about me.
的确,他对我一无所知
He just rode upon his little blue bike and tried to hurt me.
他骑着蓝色的自行车想要伤害我
Do I think he's wicked? No. He's disturbed.
我认为他是邪恶的? 不,他被自身的病所困扰
His problems probably stem from a chemical imbalance.
他的问题可能源于内分泌失衡
I believe with enough time and treatment, I could help him.
我相信有足够的时间和治疗我能治好他
Did you say a blue bike?
你提到了蓝色的自行车?

影视精讲


break up with: 和…分手了
So did you break up with joanna?
你真的要和乔安娜分手?
Are you gonna break up with him?
你不是要和他分手吧?

even if: 即使
The respect an entrepreneur's plan, even if it deviates from their own.
他们尊重创业者的计划,就算它背离他们自己的计划。

stem from: 源于
Concern may stem from the potential fiscal burden of bail-outs.
担忧可能源自救助计划给国家财政造成的潜在负担。
His chief failures stem from incompetent execution.
他的主要失败之举多是源于执行不力。

分享到