听《绝望主妇8》学英语第49期:我最近感觉魂不守舍
日期:2012-01-19 16:08

(单词翻译:单击)

台词欣赏


Well, when most people wanna give back,
呃,当人们想要奉献的时候

it usually means they've done something they're ashamed of.
通常意味着他们做了一些他们引以为耻的事

You know, embezzlement, adultery. What's your story?
就像偷盗,通奸。你呢?

I suppose I could ask you the same thing.
我觉得我也可以这样问你

And I'd have the good sense not to answer.
而我有足够好的理由不回答

Mm-hmm. I've just been feeling disconnected lately,
嗯。我最近感觉魂不守舍

and I thought by doing something meaningful with my days that I could change that.
而且感觉如果我做些有意义的事应该能有所改观

Actual selflessness. That's refreshing.
无私的行为,真让人耳目一新

I wish the city council was as enlightened as you.
真希望城市议会也能像你这样开明

Oh?
哦?

Ah, they're holding up one of my developments
哦,他们在延迟我的一项工程

bcause it includes low-income housing.
因为这工程中解决了低收入的住房问题

Ah. Typical "not in my backyard" attitude.
啊。典型的"事不关己"态度

By the way...
我想问...

It's not in your backyard.
这事和你也无关
知识点讲解
1.give back 归还, 送回
When can you give back the money that you owe?
你何时还欠款?

2.be ashamed of 对…… 感到羞耻
As for you, you ought to be ashamed of yourself.
至于你,你应该感到惭愧。

3.refreshing adj.使耳目一新的
The holiday was a refreshing change for us.
这次假日别开生面,我们都感到新奇。

4.hold up 延迟
I decided to hold up on the news until he was sure of it.
我决定暂缓发布消息,直到我确信准确无误。

5.by the way 顺便说, 顺便问一下
By the way, do you live with your parents or have a place of your own?
顺便问一句,你是同父母一起生活还是自己生活?

分享到
重点单词
  • embezzlementn. 盗用,挪用,侵占
  • disconnectedadj. 分离的;无系统的;不连贯的 v. 分离(dis
  • typicaladj. 典型的,有代表性的,特有的,独特的
  • enlightenedadj. 被启发的,进步的,文明的 动词enlighte
  • selflessnessn. 忘我;无私