《绝望的主妇》第235期:不识好人心
日期:2014-12-16 08:24

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Excuse me. Are you Bree Van de Kamp?
打搅一下。您是 Bree Van de Camp 吗?
Uh, yes, I am.
呃,是的。我是。
My name is Leila Mitzman. I hope I'm not interrupting?
我叫Leila Mitzman,我希望没打搅到您。
Can I help you?
我能帮您什么?
This may sound odd but I felt I should see you.
这也许听起来很怪,但我觉得我应该见您。
I read in the paper that you're engaged to George Williams.
我在报纸上看到您和George Williams订婚的消息了。
Oh, well, that announcement was a bit premature.
哦,那个公告有点太早了。
But you and George are involved? In a romantic relationship?
但您和George...确实相爱?
Yes.
是的。
Then we need to talk.
那我们需要谈谈。
We'd been dating for six months when he asked me to marry him.
我们约会了6个月后,他说要我嫁给他。
From the moment I said yes, George got so possessive, and when he found out my ex lived just down the street,
从我说“我愿意”那一刻起,George 就变得占有欲极强,当他发现我前夫就住在同一条
街上,
George accused me of seeing him behind his back.
George就说我背着他和他见面。
And then one night, I got a call from the police. Someone had set my ex's car on fire.
然后一天晚上,我接到警察的电话。有人烧了我前夫的车。
I could never prove anything, but I knew it was George. I left him the next day.
我什么都不能证明,但我知道是George干的,我第二天就离开了他。
Well, I don't know what to say.
哦,我真不知道说什么好。
I know. It's upsetting.
我知道,这真令人不安。
Yes, it is. To have a complete strangercome into my home, drink my tea,
确实...让一个完全陌生的人来我家,喝我的茶。
and then try to turn me against one of the sweetest men I have ever known.
然后试图让我对这辈子见过最好的男人翻脸。
Honey, you got to trust me. George is a whack job, and you should get while the getting's good.
你得相信我。George不太正常,现在反悔还来得及。
I think it's time for you to leave.
我想你该离开了。
One time, I was talking to a guy at a bar, and when we got home, George slapped me. What do you say to that?
有一次, 我在酒吧里跟一个家伙说话,后来回家的时候, George扇了我个耳光,你怎么看?
I say, given your overall demeanor and your freewheeling use of epithets,
我看,你这么失礼又乱称呼别人诨名。
I'm willing to bet that he was provoked.
我肯定是你挑衅他的。
When I read that you were engaged to George,I felt it was my duty to let you know he's crazy.
当我知道你和George订婚的时候,我就觉得一定要告诉你他是个疯子。
But now that I've met you, I can see it's a match made in heaven.
但是现在我遇见了你,我觉得你们是天造地设的一对。

影视精讲


set on fire: 使燃烧
Dozens of people have been injured and many vehicles set on fire.
很多人受了伤,多辆车起火。
A post office was set on fire and vehicles were stoned by looters.
抢劫犯放火烧了一家邮局,并用石头砸车。

whack job: 【疯子whack: [美国俚语]略痴的人;怪癖的人】
Is he a genius or a whack job?
你认为他是天才还是疯子?

turn against: 背叛
Nothing could make me turn against my country.
什么也不能使我背叛我的祖国.
Why did they suddenly turn against you?
他们为什么突然转而反对你?

match made in heaven: 天生一对
This could very well bea match made in heaven.
所以这个球员和爵士可以说是天作之和.
You were a match made in heaven!
你们真天造地设的一对!

分享到