《绝望的主妇》第328期:隔墙有耳
日期:2015-07-23 09:01

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


I'm coming!
来啦!
Your kids, they have any allergies I should know about?
你的孩子,他们对什么东西过敏?
Uh, not that I know of. Why?
没有,为什么这么问?
'Cause I'm watching them.
因为我要照看他们呀。
Tom called, said you both got pulled into work for the weekend, asked me to baby-sit.
Tom打电话来说你们这周末要加班,叫我过来照看一下孩子。
Really?
真的?
I thought it'd be nice if I gave them back to you alive.
我想了想,能把孩子照看好等你们回来多好啊。
Oh, hey, Mrs. McCluskey. (to Lynette) Sorry, I forgot to tell you.
你好,McCluskey夫人。抱歉,我忘了告诉你了。
Hi.
你好。
Oh, that's okay. Um, would you excuse mejust for a second? I have, uh, a thing.
没关系,呃...失陪一下 我有点..事。
Sure.
好的。
Thanks. (to Tom) Follow me. You're part of the thing.
谢谢,跟我来,跟你有关。
A million teenagers in this neighborhood and you hire McCluskey?
这个社区这么多青少年,你偏偏挑了McCluskey?
What's the big deal?
那又怎么了?
Well, for starters, she's ancient!
首先,她老得都成精啦!
Sh! This is a thin door!
小声点,这门不隔音!
It was not that long ago that she keeled over in her front yard.
前不久她自己昏倒在自家院子里,
A day with our kids will finish the job.
现在再带我们的孩子她会彻底垮了的。
It's only for a few hours. Plus, Parker's on a play date with the Farrells, so it's just the twins and Penny.
就几个小时而已。而且Parker去Farrell家玩了,就剩下双胞胎和Penny。
Just the twins and Penny?
就剩下双胞胎和Penny?
Okay, that was stupid. Let me try that another way. We have to be at work in one hour.
哦,这个主意的确不好。我再换种方式说吧。我们得工作1小时。
There's no day care on the weekends, so you cut McCluskey loose, we're stuck.
周末托儿所不开,你要是再不要Mccluskey 我们可就没辙了。
We will find someone. Someone who doesn't remember what they were doing the day Lincoln was shot.
我们会找到人的,得找一个对林肯总统被暗杀毫无印象的人。
Fine. Let's go break the news.
好吧。那我们就告诉她吧。
My wife has something to tell you.
我妻子有话对你说。
So, here's the deal. Um, there was a little miscommunication and as it turns out, we don't need ya.
情况是这样的,我丈夫误解了我的意思,所以...我们其实不需要你。
Okay. Fine. I'll just go back home.
好吧。那我就回家了。
Okay. Sorry.
好的,不好意思。
By the way, your husband was right. It's a thin door.
对了,你丈夫说得没错,这门是不怎么隔音。

影视精讲


keel over: 昏倒
Do you wanna see me keel over?
你想看见我厥过去吗?

cut loose: 摆脱
But she emerged into adulthood in the mid-1950s, just as actors were cut loose.
而她在50年代中期开始成年之时,演员们刚刚挣脱束缚。
Hey, when's the last time I cut loose?
嘿我什么时候放纵过?

break the news: 宣布消息
She was gonna break the news?
她是要给父亲个晴天霹雳?
When are you gonna break the news to the sister?
你准备什么时候把这个消息告诉他妹妹?

here's the deal: 事情是这样的【here is the thing也表达这个意思,一般作为引起某句话的开头语】
Judas. All right, look. Here's the deal. I'm the star of the show, okay?
犹大,听着,事情要搞清楚我才是这出剧的明星,知道吗?

分享到