《绝望的主妇》第360期:外貌协会资深会员
日期:2015-10-11 23:32

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听

Gabrielle Solis had always been a demanding shopper.
Gabriel Solis一直是个非常讲究的购物狂。
Carlos, come on, they're here!
Carlos,快下来,他们来了!
And whatever the purchase, she always expected the very best.
不管买什么,都得是最好的。
Whether it was exotic perfume shipped over from Paris...
不管是从巴黎来的香水,
...a high fashion gown straight from a runway in Milan...
还是米兰来的时尚长袍,
...or designer shoes flown in from Manhattan
还是曼哈顿来的时装鞋,
But on this day, her expectations were going to be put to the test.
不过今天这个日子,她就要接受严格的考验了。
You see, Gabrielle was now shopping for a baby.
因为今天是她“购买”孩子的日子。
And there was a problem with the manufacturer.
可偏偏“厂家”那头出了大问题。
Mostly, I just want to feel like I'm giving my baby to people
其实,我愿意把孩子托付给,
who have what it takes to be really great parents.
有爱心的父母。
Well, you won't find another couple with more love for a child.
你不会再找到比我们还有爱心的父母了。
Isn't that right, honey? Honey?
是吧,亲爱的?亲爱的?
What? Right, lots of love. Honey, can I talk to you for a second?
是啊,是啊,爱意浓浓。亲爱的,我能和你谈一会吗?
Okay, look, we have to find another mother.
我们必须得换一个妈妈。
Why?
为什么?
Okay, this isn't easy to say, so I'm just going to say it,
这还不明显?我就直说了吧,
but have you taken a good look at her?
你有没有看到她长什么模样?
Oh, my god. Are you trying to say that you don't want Deanna's baby because she's plain?
天啊,你是因为她长的一般,就不想要孩子了?
No, plain I can handle.
“一般”我还能接受。
Carlos, since that woman has walked into our house, the clocks have stopped working.
Carlos,这个女的自打进我们家门,我们家的钟都停了。
No one can predict what a child is going to look like.
可没人知道孩子会长什么样啊。
For all you know, her kid could end up winning beauty contests.
说不定生出来的孩子以后,还参加选美比赛呢。
With her D.N.A., the only thing that kid's going to be winning is best in show.
拜托,就她那个DNA,生出来的孩子最多去怪胎展。
Look, Carlos, I am sorry, but I want a pretty baby, so let's find another mother.
不好意思,Carlos。我想要长的好看的孩子,所以我们还是换个母亲吧。
Mm-mm, I'm not going to let your shallow obsession with looks screw this up.
不行,我可不会让你的虚荣心搞砸了这事。
I want a child. Any child.
我想要孩子,任何孩子都行。
Fine. Just know that in a couple of days, when that thing is born,
好吧,过几天孩子生出来,
and you're going to have to cuddle and snuggle upwith something with that face on it,
你得抱着那个丑八怪,到时候,
don't come crying to me."
可不要跟我哭哭啼啼。

影视精讲

flow in: 不断涌入、源源而来
designer shoes flown in from Manhattan
还是曼哈顿来的时装鞋

screw up: 弄乱、弄糟
All they do is screw up.
他们只会把事情弄糟.
How many more ways can I screw up this day?
我还能把今天搞得多糟?

snuggle up: 依偎
Snuggle up to me and I'll keep you warm.
紧偎着我,我会使你暖和的.
Nor is it OK to snuggle up behind the copier with your latest crush.
和你最新的恋人在复印件后面卿卿我我也是不合时宜的.

分享到
重点单词
  • perfumen. 香水,香气 vt. 使香气弥漫
  • crushv. 压碎,碾碎,压榨 n. 压碎,压榨,拥挤,迷恋
  • plainn. 平原,草原 adj. 清楚的,坦白的,简单的,平坦
  • exoticadj. 异国的,外来的,奇异的,脱衣舞的 n. (复数
  • screwn. 螺钉,螺丝,螺旋,螺旋桨,螺状物 v. 拧,拧紧
  • demandingadj. 要求多的,吃力的
  • handlen. 柄,把手 v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭
  • predictv. 预知,预言,预报,预测
  • designern. 设计者
  • shallowadj. 浅的,薄的 n. 浅滩,浅处 v. 变浅