《绝望的主妇》第379期:往事真能随风而逝吗?
日期:2015-11-16 20:42

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听

To what do I owe this pleasure?
什么风把你吹来了啊?
I want you to look at something. Myra Holt is talking to Paul Young.
我想让你看一些东西。Myra Holt在和Paul Young谈话。
Chatting away with him as though he were any other neighbor. Now I told her he killed my sister.
就像和普通邻居一样的和他聊天。我告诉过她,他杀死了我的姐姐。
I mentioned it to her six months ago when we were standing in the express line at the market.
我六个月前就对她提过,就在我们在超市结帐的时候。
But still, there she is, yakking away.
但是她仍然在和他聊天。
Oh, Mike. I'm afraid people's memories aren't what they used to be.
Mike,恐怕人们的记忆已经不如从前了。
What do you want, Felicia?
你想怎么样,Felicia?
I wanna see how good your memory is. If you recall a certain promise you made to me.
我想看看你的记忆力怎么样。你还记得你发过的誓言吗?
I am not gonna kill him.
我不会杀他的。
Why not? Give me one good reason.
为什么?给我一个好理由。
Because things have changed.
因为事情变了。
How? My sister still lies rotting in the ground. So does Dierdre.
怎么变了?我的姐姐仍然躺在地下。Dierdre也一样。
No, I don't see how anything's changed at all.
我根本没有看到任何事情改变了。
You're just gonna have to let this go.
你不得不让这事情就这样了结。
Sounds to me as though someone's let go of his rage.
听起来某些人好像已经不再愤怒了。
Maybe I have.
也许是的。
Well, I haven't.
但是我没有。

影视精讲


recall: 回忆
I have no idea what she said, something about airline travel, I seem to recall.

我记不得她说什么了,好像是坐飞机旅行什么的,如果我没记错的话。
As I recall, you're not on the board, Joe; you're only a minor shareholder.

我记得你并没有进董事会,乔,你只是一个小股东而已。

let go of: 让…过去
Control what you can control but let go of generalized anxiety.

能控制的事务就要控制好,但不能过于焦虑,试图面面俱到。
Sounds to me as though someone's let go of his rage.
听起来某些人好像已经不再愤怒了。

分享到
重点单词
  • anxietyn. 焦虑,担心,渴望
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • ragen. 狂怒,大怒,狂暴,肆虐,风行 v. 大怒,怒斥,激
  • minoradj. 较小的,较少的,次要的 n. 未成年人,辅修科