《绝望的主妇》第1期:一个不请自来的理由
日期:2013-01-05 13:33

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

NARRATOR: My name is Mary Alice Young.
我是Mary Alice Young。
When you read this morning's paper, you may come across an article about the unusual day I had last week.
当你浏览今天的晨报,可能会读到一篇文章关于上个星期我所渡过的不平常的一天。
Normally, there's never anything newsworthy about my life.
通常,我的生活里是没有什么有新闻报道价值的。
That all changed last Thursday.
但是上个星期四一切都改变了。
Of course everything seemed as normal at first.
当然,起初,一切看起来都很平常。
I made my breakfast for my family.
我给一家人做好早餐。
MARY ALICE: Here we are. Waffles.
华夫饼来了。
NARRATOR: I performed my chores.
我做好了做家务。
NARRATOR: I completed my projects.
完成我的手工作品。
NARRATOR: I ran my errands.
完成我的使命。
NARRATOR: In truth, I spent the day as I spend every other day quietly polishing the routine of my life until it gleamed with perfection.
事实上,和平时没什么不同——一切都和往常一样,直到一件不寻常的事情的发生。
NARRATOR: That's why it was so astonishing when I decided to go to my hallway closet to retrieve a revolver that had never been used.
这就是为什么一切令人震惊,当我决定走向走廊的壁橱,拿起一把从没用过的左轮手枪。
NARRATOR: My body was discovered by my neighbor, Mrs. Martha Huber, who had been startled by a strange popping sound.
我的尸体是被我的邻居Martha Huber发现的,她被一声奇怪的声音吓了一跳。
Her curiosity aroused, Mrs. Huber tried to think of a reason for dropping in on me unannounced.
她觉得很好奇,Huber太太想了一个不请自来的理由。
After some initial hesitation, she decided to return the blender she had borrowed from me 6 months before.
在犹豫了一会之后,她决定来归还她6个月前从我这里借去搅拌器。
MRS HUBER: It's my neighbor. I think she's been shot, there's blood everywhere.
我的邻居。我觉得她被枪击了,到处都是血。
Yes, you've got to send an ambulance. You've got to send one right now!
是的,赶紧派救护车,叫救护车。
NARRATOR: And for a moment, Mrs. Huber stood motionless in her kitchen griefstricken by this senseless tragedy. But, only for a moment.
过了一会之后,Huber太太呆呆地站在厨房里,因为这件事情而感到极度悲伤。但是只有那么一会。
NARRATOR: If there was one thing Mrs. Huber was known for, it was her ability to look on the bright side.
如果说Huber最大的特点,就是她总能把事情往好的方面想。

影片简介

在Mary Alice Young 描述自己拥有的完美生活的画外音中,她对准自己的太阳穴扣动了扳机。Mary的自杀震惊了她最亲密的四个朋友,而她们自己的生活也充满了纷乱的变数。单身母亲Susan对新搬来的邻居Mike一见倾心,在女儿Julie的怂恿下,她主动送去了乔迁新居的贺礼。但是英俊的Mike还吸引了Edie Britt,这个多次离婚的性感女人请Mike去看一下。

划红精讲

常见短语:

1. as normal: 照常

eg. But there isn't much in between, especially for adolescent women, that just treats female sexuality as normal and healthy.
但是尤其是青少年女性来说,把女性性行为视为一种正常的健康的行为还是不大可能的。

2. in truth: 事实上,实际上

eg. In truth, the discussion is not about those principles, but about economics.
事实上,这方面的讨论并非针对原则,而是经济利益。

3. try to do sth.: 设法

eg. For too long, for-profit firms have focused on learning only from each other as they try to do better.
长久以来,盈利公司只专注于从对手方面学习,因为他们想要做的更好。

4. think of: 想出

eg. I think of how young and innocent we were back then.
看着它,我便想起那时的我们是怎样的年轻和纯真啊!

5. decide to do: 决定干……

eg. It all depends on what you decide to believe.
这一切都取决于你决定要相信什么。

6. for a moment: 片刻,一会儿

eg. All my possessions are for a moment of time.
我的一切都是为了那辉煌的一刻。

牢记短语:

1. come across: 偶然遇到

eg. What other obstacles have you come across in the pursuit of compassion?
当你在追求同情心时,你要跨越哪些障碍?

2. run errand: 跑腿 errand: 差使,差事

eg. If you are at work, offer to run an errand or go for a short walk.
倘若你正在工作,让自己也当回跑腿,或者去散会儿步吧。

3. every other day: 每隔一天[两天]

eg. For the best results, you should alternate between yoga and weightlifting every other day.
为了达到最佳效果,你应该每隔一天交替练习瑜伽和举重。

4. drop in on sb: 顺便拜访某人

eg. I'll drop in on you on my way home.
我回家时,顺路去拜访你们。

5. be known for: 因……而众所周知

eg. If things continue like this, China will only be known for tea and pandas.
如果事情继续像这样发展,中国将会只因为茶叶和熊猫而为世人所知。

6. look on the bright side: 看到事物光明的一面;对事物抱乐观态度

eg. Can people learn to look on the bright side, want what they have and be grateful for it?
人们能学会关注光明面,想要他们已经得到的并为此感恩吗?

分享到
重点单词
  • gratefuladj. 感激的,感谢的
  • senselessadj. 无感觉的,无意识的,不省人事的
  • initialn. (词)首字母 adj. 开始的,最初的,字首的 v
  • astonishingadj. 惊人的 动词astonish的现在分词
  • hesitationn. 犹豫
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • curiosityn. 好奇,好奇心
  • perfectionn. 完美,完善
  • routinen. 例行公事,常规,无聊 adj. 常规的,例行的,乏
  • narratorn. 叙述者,讲解员