《绝望的主妇》第132期:问题少年的管教
日期:2014-05-06 08:58

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

I can’t believe it. Two months from graduation and he gets expelled.
真难相信,还有两个月就要毕业了,他被学校开除了。
You know we are just lucky that that security guard did not press charges.
要知道,很幸运了,那个交警没有提起诉讼。
So what are we gonna do?
那我们该怎么办?
Well, glad that you asked.
很高兴你这么问
What are these?
这些是什么?
They’re brochures for youth detention centers.
这些都是青年教养所的宣传册子。
How long have you had these?
你什么时候拿的这些东西?
They’ve been in the drawer for a few months. I had a feeling we might be needing them.
在抽屉里已经有几个月了,我有种感觉,我们会需要的。
Bree, I don’t know.
Bree……我不知道。
We have to admit that we need help. If wecan’t get through to Andrew then we have to find someone who can.
必须承认我们需要帮助,如果我们不能管教好Andrew,我们要找别人来代劳。
You really want to send our son away to some prison camp?
你真的想把我们的儿子送到某个看守所?
Oh come on, don’t be so dramatic. Some of these places actually look fun.
哦,别这样,别这么夸张。我是说,这里有些地方看起来很有趣。
Look. Camp Hennessey. Camp Hennessey teaches kids respect for authority and boundaries in a summer camp-like atmosphere.
看,Hennessy营。“Hennessy营告诉孩子们如何尊敬权威和规章氛围很像夏令营”。
The perimeter is surrounded by an electrified fence.
这个监狱有电网围着。
Well, you have to admit that’s an efficient way to teach respect for boundaries.
必须承认这个方法教他们如何遵守规定很有效。
Okay, how about this one. It’s perfect for Andrew. It’s a ranch in Montana.
那这个怎么样? 这个对Andrew来说太合适了,在Montana的一个农场里。
It has lots of fresh air and plenty of openspaces and daily classes in anger management.
有很多新鲜空气,和开放的空地。日常课程是关于愤怒管理的。
I’m, I’m not comfortable with this.
我,我不喜欢这个。
All right, what about this one. It’s in the desert and it’s very reasonable.
好吧,这个呢?这个在沙漠里,这个很合理。
Barracks are a little bit bleak, but that recidivism rate is to die for!
营房有点简陋,但是再犯率极低。
Bree, I’m not doing it. I’m not sending my son away.
Bree,不行。我不会把我儿子送走的。
It’s easy for you, isn’t it? You’re not the one he’s openly rude to.
对你来说没什么,是吗?他没有公然对你粗鲁无礼。
You’re not the one he challenges every day. You’re not the one he hates.
他没有每天挑衅你,他也不仇恨你。
I’ll talk to him, all right? I’ll sit him down for a little old-fashioned heart to heart.
我来和他谈谈,好吗?我要和他心贴心的交谈交谈一次,这个方法有点传统。
You talk to him all you want. I’m gonna check out the place with the electrified fence.
你愿意怎么谈就怎么谈。我要去查看一下那个带电网的地方。

影视精讲


press charge: 起诉
It takes courage to press a charge against those who are powerful.
对那些有权有势的人提出起诉是需要勇气的。

get through to: 使明白,使被理解
Mary could hardly get through to Jack.
玛丽几乎无法使杰克明白她的意思。
I tried talking with you, but I couldn't get through to you!
我当时很想和你说话, 但我没法和你说!

send away: 撵走;解雇
Please don't send me away; I want to be near you!
请不要把我撵走, 我想待在你身边!

heart to heart: 心贴心,诚恳的
He often goes into the masses and has a heart - to - heart talk with the workers.
他经常深入群众,和工人们 促膝谈心.
You should be in a placid mood and have a heart - to - heart talk with her.
你应该心平气和的好好和她谈谈心.


分享到
重点单词
  • perimetern. 周长,周界,边缘
  • placidadj. 安静的,平和的
  • reasonableadj. 合理的,适度的,通情达理的
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • securityn. 安全,防护措施,保证,抵押,债券,证券
  • efficientadj. 效率高的,胜任的
  • rudeadj. 粗鲁的,无礼的 adj. 粗糙的,粗野的
  • drawern. 抽屉,拖曳者,制图员,开票人 (复)drawers
  • recidivismn. 惯常的犯罪行为
  • authorityn. 权力,权威,职权,官方,当局