《绝望的主妇》第169期:说好的分享一切呢?
日期:2014-08-14 18:41

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


What do you mean, you know?
你什么意思,你知道?
I mean, I know.
我意思就是,我知道。
What are you saying, that your father actually told you he was gonna be having a one night stand with Edie Britt?
你说你爸跟你说过到底什么意思?他跟Edie Britt玩一夜情?
Uh, mom, this wasn't a one night stand. He's been going out with Ms. Britt for a few months now.
嗯...妈妈,这不是一夜情。他跟Britt太太已经交往了几个月了。
What? How could you not tell me that? We share everything. That's what we're known for. That's our thing.
什么?你怎么没告诉我?我们之间没有秘密的。我们一向什么事都互相分享的。
Because I knew you'd wig out. Besides, haven't you always told me to respect people's privacy?
我就知道你听了会激动的,而且,你不是一直教导我要尊重别人的隐私吗?
Oh, I've never applied that concept to your father's sex life and you know it.
噢...我可从来没说过那包括你爸爸的私生活。
Are you done?
你好了么?

No! I have not even begun ripping into Edie Britt yet. Oh, that peroxide vulture!
没有!我跟Edie Britt的好戏还在后头。噢,那个贪得无厌的女人。
I just know as sure as I am standing here that she went after your father just to tick me off.
我就知道,她会偷偷摸摸地和你爸爸搞在一起。
Wrong again.
你又错了。
What?
什么?
He asked her out.
是他约她的。
You lie.
你瞎说。
It's true. He called her for a date six months ago. The day after my birthday party.
真的。六个月前,他提出跟她约会。就是我生日派对的第二天。
The one at the piano bar?
在钢琴酒吧的那次?
Yeah. What is it?
是的。怎么了?
Oh, um, your father just came over that day and told me some stuff.
噢...那天你爸爸来找我,跟我说了些事情。
You know, some stuff that I haven't and can't tell you.
那些事...我没有...也不能告诉你。
Wait. Whatever happened to we share everything? Isn't that our thing, what we're known for?
等等,你不是说"我们之前没有秘密"?这就叫分享每件事情?
Um, actually, I think what we're known for is sharing clothes. Yeah. I think that's our thing.
嗯...事实上我以为我们分享的是衣服之类的。是的,我们分享衣服。

影视精讲


one night stand:一夜情
For her I was just a one-night stand.
我不过是她玩一夜情的对象而已。

go out with: 与…约会
He goes with the girl every week.
他每周与这位女孩子约会。

wig out: 使激动
Mary will wig out when she reads the letter.
玛丽读这封信时会激动的发狂。
I hope Tom doesn't wig out when we tell him we lost his dog.
我希望当汤姆得知我们把他的狗弄丢了之后他不会发狂。

go after: 追逐
We're both going after the same job.
我们俩都谋求得到这份工作。

tick off: 责备
Constant delays ticked me off.
反复地耽搁使我很生气

分享到
重点单词
  • privacyn. 隐私,隐居,秘密
  • constantadj. 经常的,不变的 n. 常数,恒量
  • conceptn. 概念,观念
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • vulturen. 秃鹰,兀鹰,贪婪的人