《绝望的主妇》 第241期:临阵退缩的同事
日期:2014-12-27 10:36

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


And we integrated the corporate logo into the jungle background,
同时我们把公司的标识整合到丛林背景当中,
creating not only an ad for the clothing, but for the company itself.
打造出一款不仅仅是卖衣服的广告,同时它也为公司本身作了宣传。
I don't get it.
我不明白
What, um, don't you get?
你,嗯,不明白什么地方?
The whole idea just kinda makes my head hurt.
整个构思让我头疼。
Is it just me?
是只有我,还是?
No,unh-unh.
不,不是
You're right. It stinks.
你说得对,这构思糟透了
Sorry, guys.
对不起,伙计们
Back to the drawing board.
请重新回到起点。
Well, I got tickets to a game.
而我,刚拿到一场球赛的票。
Nina, you do whatever you have todo to keep us afloat here.
Nina,你尽你的一切办法让我们正常运作。
You got it.
悉听遵命
Looks like it's gonna be another late night at the office.
看样子又是个办公室通宵工作
Nice work, everybody. Thank you.
干得好,各位,谢谢你们。
Could you can the attitude, Nina?
你的态度能不缓和一点,Nina?
I'm sorry. What did you just say?
抱歉,你说什么?
You're being rude.
你这样很粗鲁,
And it's totally out of line.
而且非常过分。
You know how hard we all worked on this.
你知道我们为此埋头苦干。
Yeah, I do.
是的,我知道
Nina, I think I speak for everyone here
Nina,我想我说出了这儿每个人的心声
when I say we are sick and tired of your abuse.
我们都受够了你的虐待
Frankly, you owe us an apology.
坦白的说,你欠我们一个道歉
Is…is this true?
这…这是真的吗?
I mean, I would be modified if I thought that I'd hurt any of you.
我是说,我会改的如果我真的伤害了你们
I mean, if anybody feels like I owe them an apology,
我是说,如果任何人觉得我欠他一个道歉
please, speak up.
请直说
You? You? You? Gee, Lynette.
你?你?还是你?啊,Lynette
I guess you were mistaken.
我猜你肯定误会了。
All right, let's recap, shall we?
好的,我们重新来过,好吗?
Stinky pitch, working late, no apologies.
糟透的构思,通宵修改…没有道歉
Guys! We talked about this.
大家好啊,我们在讨论这个问题。
What happened to standing up for ourselves?
我们在支持自己的时候怎么了?
Hot muffins. Any takers?
热松饼,有人要么?
No, Stu. These people don't deserve muffins.
不用了Stu 这些人不配吃热松饼。

影视精讲


keep afloat: 使漂浮不沉,使流通
I was sure the "beauty" could not keep afloat for a long time.
我断定这艘“美人号”不会浮在水面上太久了。
In the seven months after the bankruptcy filing of g. m., which taxpayer dollars helped keep afloat, various law firms and other advisers received nearly$ 90 million.
在通用汽车申请破产保护后7个月内,通用靠纳税人的钱来维持,不同的律师事务所和其他顾问收取了将近9千万美元。

out of line: 出格,过分
China's counter-attack on poultry and auto parts is not out of line.
中国就肉鸡和汽车零部件发起反击并不是出格之举。
He can get pretty tough if he thinks anyone is out of line.
如果他认为什么人太过分了,他会变得非常强硬。

be sick of: 对…厌倦
Play can make one fresh and cheerful so that one may not be sick of his work.
玩耍能使一个人精力充沛,心情愉快,使人不至于厌倦工作。

stand up for: 坚持,支持
Meanwhile, america needs to stand up for pakistan's democratic leaders, who are on its side.
同时,美国也必须支持巴基斯坦民主派领导人,因为他们站在巴军方一边。
Psychiatrist leo kanner used to stand up for parents.
精神病专家leo kanner过去一直站在家长这边。

分享到