《绝望的主妇》第218期:照片记录生活
日期:2014-11-12 17:32

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Cameras are simple tools designed to capture images. Images that tell us more about ourselves than we realize.
照相机是用来拍摄记录的,那些照片能告诉我们很多。
They remind us of the long journey we’ve taken.
它们能让我们想起曾经一起走过的路,
The loved ones who traveled alongside of us.
想起陪伴在身边的至爱之人。
Those we lost along the way.
想起同行中离我们而去的人。
And those waiting for us on the road ahead.
还有那些在前方等待我们的人。
Okay, how am I supposed to eat with a uterus staring me in the face?
有张子宫图在眼前晃悠,我怎么吃的下?
Oh, Gabby, I didn’t know you got a sonogram. Let me see. Oh!
哦,Gabby,我们都不知道你去做过B超了。让我看看。
Honey, you need to put that in a frame or something.
最好给照片镶个框。
I don’t think so.
我才不呢。
Oh come on, that’s a picture of your baby. You can’t tell me you’re not a little bit excited.
别这样,那可是你孩子的照片。你不可能一点都不兴奋吧。
Fine, I’m pregnant. Whee! Now come on, we are supposed to be cheering up Susan.
好吧,我怀孕咯,哈哈哈。别说这个了,我们来是要安慰Susan的。
This is a time of crisis and I think you need another scoop of mint chocolate chip.
现在是危机时刻,给你再来一勺薄荷冰淇淋。
Thanks.
谢谢。
Susan. Why are you so eerily calm? Mike Delfino just dumped you.
Susan,你怎么出奇地冷静?Mike Delfino刚刚甩了你。
The Susan Mayer I know would be a blubbering mess right now.
我所认识的susan mayer现在应该痛哭流涕才对呀。
Oh, come on, trot her on out. She’s fun to watch.
给我们讲讲嘛,看她这样真有意思。
Actually, I think I’m starting to feel pretty Zen about the whole thing.
其实我倒觉得这事应该看开一点。
Well, I think Mike will calm down in a couple of days and come to his senses.
Mike需要冷静一下,过几天他应该会明白的。
No, I came between the man and his son. There’s a huge betrayal. I, I can’t even blame him for hating me.
不是,我阻碍一个男人和他的儿子见面。这简直是天大的背叛。他这么恨我,我不怪他。
But Zach was starting to obsess with Julie again.
但是Zach又那么迷恋Julie。
Exactly. You’re a mother trying to protect her child. It’s a natural impulse.
是呀,身为人母,保护自己的孩子是母性的本能。
Over the past couple of days, I gave myself a long hard look in the mirror and I did not like what I saw.
这几天我自己也好好照了照镜子,实在不喜欢现在这副嘴脸。
I’m with you. Carry on.
我支持你,继续!
I just think if I start acting like an adult for once, maybe, who knows, somewhere down the line, Mike and I at least can be friends.
我只是想如果我表现的成熟稳重一点,也许...谁又知道呢?以后Mike和我至少能作个朋友吧。
All right, you’re not Zen. You’re numb.
说了这么半天,你这哪是看开了。分明是受刺激变麻木了嘛。
I’m fine. You got any pie?
我没事,有派吃吗?
Not unless we make some.
没做。
I can wait.
我可以等。

影视精讲


design to: 为…专门设计
Ti chang spoke with fortune about how to bring quality design to a stigmatized industry.
日前,张迪接受了《财富》杂志(Fortune)访问,讨论如何给一个总是遮遮掩掩的行业带来高质量的设计。

cheer up: 使振奋
Cheer up. I think we can sue them.
振作起来,我想我们可以起诉他们.
All right, I won't do it again. Cheer up.
好吧,我不会再这么做了,高兴点。

trot out:【口语】拿出…给人看
He always trot out the same old excuse for being late.
他每次迟到总是重复那一套藉口。

somewhere down the line 【将来有一天 down the line: 在各个阶段】
Many expect that dough to fuel inflation somewhere down the line as the economy rebounds.
许多人预期,随着经济复苏,这样的资金规模日后将引发通胀。

分享到
重点单词
  • blamen. 过失,责备 vt. 把 ... 归咎于,责备
  • framen. 框,结构,骨架 v. 构成,把 ... 框起来,陷
  • impulsen. 冲动,驱动力,倾向,心血来潮 vt. 推动
  • fortunen. 财产,命运,运气
  • betrayaln. 背叛,暴露
  • scoopn. 铲子,舀取,独家新闻,一勺,穴 vt. 汲取,舀取
  • qualityn. 品质,特质,才能 adj. 高品质的
  • numbadj. 麻木的,失去知觉的,无动于衷的 vt. 使 .
  • inflationn. 膨胀,通货膨胀
  • suevt. 控告,起诉 vi. 请求,追求,起诉