《绝望的主妇》第25期:这不是普通的玫瑰
日期:2013-03-26 18:07

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

BREE: Um, Doc...mm...
医生,呃,
REX: This is the thing you need to know about Bree. She doesn't like to talk about her feelings. To be honest, it's hard to know if she has any. Does she feel anger, rage, ecstasy? Who knows? She's always... pleasant. And I can't tell you how annoying that is. Whatever she feels is so far below the surface that.. that none can see… she uses all those domestic things...
你必须了解Bree…… 她不愿意谈论她的感情。老实说,很难知道她是否还有感情。她有过生气,勃然大怒或者欣喜若狂吗?谁知道?她总是显得很开心。我无法描述这会让人多么恼火,不管她感觉如何,都隐藏在心里,没有人能知道。我感到她一直在用这些……
DR GOLDFINE: Bree? Bree.
Bree?Bree。
BREE: What? II'm sorry.
什么?呃,很抱歉。
DR GOLDFINE: Would you like to respond to what Rex just said?
你愿意谈谈刚刚Rex所说的吗?
BREE: Oh, I…
呃,我……
DR GOLDFINE: Is there some truth there? Do you use housework as a way to disengage emotionally?
他说的是真的吗?你用家务活去掩盖你的感情?
BREE: Of course not.
当然不是。
JOHN: This is great. I got tons of homework tonight. It's so much easier to concentrate after sex.
啊,这太棒了。今天晚上我要大干一场了。做爱之后干什么都容易集中精力。
GABRIELLE: I'm glad I could help. Education is very important.
很高兴我能帮上忙。教育很重要。
JOHN: Oh, I got something for you. I was gonna give it to you the next time I mowed your lawn, but since you're here…
哦,有样东西要给你。我本来打算下次去除草的时候给你,不过既然你来了。
GABRIELLE: Oh, it's a rose.
噢,是朵玫瑰。
JOHN: It's not just any rose. Look at all the petals. There's no flaws, it's perfect.
这不是普通的玫瑰,看看所有这些花瓣,都没有瑕疵,它很完美。
GABRIELLE: Oh, John.
哦,John。
JOHN: Just like you.
就像你一样。
NARRATOR: The truth hit her like a thunderbolt.
事实像雷电一样击中了她。
JOHN: I spent days looking for this one. Finally found it.
我花了好多天去找最完美的一朵。终于找到了。
NARRATOR: For John, this was no longer a meaningless little affair. Gabrielle could now clearly see he was falling in love with her.
对John来说,这不再是轻描淡写的风流韵事。Gabrielle 明显的看出来,他已经爱上了她。
GABRIELLE: It's just beautiful. I, uh, I gotta go.
它很美,我…… 我得走了。

影片简介

Gabrielle和John的幽会被Carlos意料之外的回家打断,John光着下身跳出窗外,在树篱的掩护下做出割草的样子。闷闷不乐的Gabrielle向Carlos埋怨他们的婚姻不再有激情,Carlos允诺以后会经常为她带来惊喜。John向Gabrielle送上一朵玫瑰花,Gabrielle发觉这个还是是真地爱上了她了。

划红精讲

1. know about: 知道,了解

eg. I happened to know about him.
我碰巧了解他的情况。

eg. I know nothing about this matter.
我对此一无所知。

2. to be honest: 实在地

eg. To be honest, I was surprised he knew where I was, we moved so often.
说实话,我感到惊讶的是他知道我在哪里,我们搬家搬得这么勤。

3. so far: 迄今为止

eg. So far, they appear to be up to the task.
到目前为止,他们表现出承担了这一任务。

4. below the surface: 深入,实际上

eg. Both strategies lie below the surface of most of the commonly held attitudes to climate change.
实际上,这两种策略普遍存在于对气候变化所持的态度之中。

5. respond to: 响应

eg. So how do the different skill levels respond to a model like this?
那么不同的技能水平又如何回应到这样的模型上呢?

eg. People respond to incentives, so if you want something done, reach for your wallet.
人们会对激励做出反应,所以如果你想办成什么事,那就掏钱。

分享到
重点单词
  • walletn. 皮夹,钱包
  • narratorn. 叙述者,讲解员
  • annoyingadj. 恼人的,讨厌的
  • disengagevt. 使脱离;解开;解除 vi. 脱出;松开
  • concentratev. 集中,专心,浓缩 n. 浓缩物
  • domesticadj. 国内的,家庭的,驯养的 n. 家仆,佣人
  • lawnn. 草地,草坪 n. 上等细麻布
  • ragen. 狂怒,大怒,狂暴,肆虐,风行 v. 大怒,怒斥,激
  • respondv. 回答,答复,反应,反响,响应 n. [建]壁
  • ecstasyn. 狂喜,入迷 Ecstasy n. 摇头丸