《绝望的主妇》第236期:用购物抚平心灵创伤
日期:2014-12-17 06:07

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Your mail came.
有你的信。
You said you were leaving.
你说你走的。
No, I said I was giving you space. I did. I was watching you from my car.
不,我说我要给你空间。我做到了,我从车里看着你。
Look, the guy who broke in stole ice cream. I don't think I'm in any danger.
听着,那人闯进来为了偷冰淇淋。我不认为我有什么危险。
So you can go. I don't need you.
所以你可以走了,我不需要你。
Carlos says you do. Where are you going?
Carlos说需要,去哪?
Shopping. Not that it's any of your business.
购物,和你没关系。
You sure like to shop.
你喜欢购物啊。
Yes, I do.
是的。
That's all I've seen you do the past day and a half.
这一天半我看到你都在购物。
Uh-huh.
是啊。
All that shopping must be making up for something.
购物可以补偿什么了吧。
Excuse me?
什么?
You know, Carlos has your number. He says you're one tough cookie.
Carlos有你的号码,他说你意志坚强。
So tough, you don't have to deal with your feelings. He's a perceptive man.
坚强到你都不用处理你的感情,他会看人。
He thought I was cheating with two gay guys. Are you sure you want to go with perceptive?
他以为我和两个同性恋有染。你确信他会看人?
Well, let's see. It's been what, a week since you lost your baby?
你失去孩子后有一个星期了吧?
Yeah, so?
是又怎么样?
So, I never heard of shopping out the pain.
我从没听过可以用购物来抚平心灵创伤。
Why is everyone on my back about this? I will deal with my loss my way, okay?
为什么每个人在我背后都说这些?我自然有我的方法,知道了?

影视精讲


break in: 闯入
I locked myself out of our apartment and had to break in.
我把自己锁在了我们的公寓外面,不得不破门而入。

in danger: 处于危险之中
When in danger, the anteater lashes its tail round a branch.
遇有危险,食蚁兽会迅速用尾巴卷住树枝。
He was in danger of making a real cock-up of this.
他很有可能会把这事弄得一团糟。

make up for: 补偿
He leans over backwards to make up for what he has lost.
他尽力弥补他的损失.
Hard work can often make up for a lack of ability.
努力工作经常可以弥补能力的不足.

分享到