《绝望的主妇》第127期:那就虚张声势吧
日期:2014-04-25 18:37

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


So, uh, where was Susan today?
Susan今天去哪了?
Um, I'm not sure.
我不知道。
Wow! Tom must be great in bed.
哇呜,Tom的床上功夫一定很棒。
Huh?
啊?
Well, obviously, you have no idea how to bluff.
很显然你不会弄虚作假。
Okay. She's going through something, and I'm sure she'd prefer it to be private.
好吧,我说。她很低落,不想让别人知道。
She's upset with Mike, isn't she? Well, come on. I'm gonna find out sooner or later.
她为Mike的事很伤心,是吗?告诉我吧,我迟早会知道的。
She's devastated about the breakup, and she hasn't left the house in days.
她为这次分手很伤心,每天都呆在屋里。
Well, why didn't you just tell me that?
你为什么不告诉我?
Because it's personal. It's the kind of thing she would only want me to tell her friends.
因为这是隐私,只能说给朋友听。
I'm Susan's friend. Well, I don't hate her.
我是Susan的朋友,我并不恨她。
Edie, if you want me to share stuff with you, you're gonna have to start being more supportive of Susan.
Edie,如果你是她的朋友,应该给她一点支持。
Okay. How?
好吧,怎么支持?
What do friends do? They call, they're sympathetic, they ask about the pain the other person is going through, and then they listen.
朋友要表示出同情,了解她的苦处,认真的倾听。
What if you want to be supportive, but you just can't stand listening to people bitch?
有时候你也很想去支持她,但她根本不搭理这个烂人,怎么办?
Then it's good to know how to bluff.
那就虚张声势吧。

影视精讲


sooner or later: 迟早
Sooner or later, the dollar had to fall.
美元必然下跌,看来是迟早的事。
Sooner or later, citizens must be asked.
这个问题迟早都会问到欧洲市民。

come on: 赶紧
Come on, the government already does too much and does most of it badly.
得了吧,政府已经做得太多了,而且绝大部分都很糟糕。

find out: 发现
Find out what makes you happy.
找出什么能让你快乐。

share with: 与…分…
Can you share with a trusted friend your feelings about the holidays times?
你能跟你信任的朋友在假期里分享你的感受吗?

分享到
重点单词
  • sympatheticadj. 同情的,共鸣的 n. 交感神经
  • devastatedadj. 毁坏的;极为震惊的 v. 毁坏;摧毁(deva
  • upsetadj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的 v. 推翻,翻倒,扰乱