《绝望的主妇》第17期:还有一些想不到的惊喜
日期:2013-02-26 17:54

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

MIKE: Wow, what happened?
哦,出什么事情了?
SUSAN: Mike!
Mike!
NARRATOR: And suddenly, there he was, like a phoenix rising from the ashes.
突然,他出现了,就像凤凰浴火重生。
SUSAN: I, I thought you were... um. Where were you?
我……我……我以为……呃,你去哪里了?
MIKE: I just got back from the movies. Edie had a fire, huh?
我刚去看电影了,Edie 家起火了,呃?
SUSAN: Yeah. Yeah, but she's fine now. Everything's fine now.
是的,是的,但是她现在很好,一切都很好。
NARRATOR: And just like that, Susan was happy. Life was suddenly full of possibilities.
就像这样,Susan 开心起来。生命充满了……各种各样的可能。
NARRATOR: Not to mention a few unexpected surprises.
还有一些想不到的惊喜。
MAN: Hello?
喂?
MIKE: Hey, it's me.
喂,是我。
MAN: Do you have anything yet.
你得到什么了?
MIKE: No, not yet, but don't worry. I'm definitely getting closer.
还没。不过别担心,很快就可以到手了。
SUSAN: I brought some champagne. I thought we should all have a toast.
我拿了点香槟,我想我们应该干一杯。
NARRATOR: The next day, my friends came together to pack away my clothes, my personal belongings, and what was left of my life.
第二天,我的朋友聚在一起收拾我的衣服,还有一些私人物品,还有一些遗物。
SUSAN: Alright ladies, lift them up. To Mary Alice, good friend and neighbor. Wherever you are, we hope you've found peace.
好了,大家,举杯。为 Mary Alice,一个好朋友,好邻居。不管你在哪里,都希望你能得到安宁。
LYNETTE: To Mary Alice.
为Mary Alice。
GABRIELLE: To Mary Alice.
为Mary Alice。
LYNETTE: Let's get this show on the road.
把这个搬到路上。
GABRIELLE: You guys check out Mary Alice's clothes? Size 8, hah! She always told me she was a size 6. Guess we found the skeleton in her closet.
你们检查过Mary Alice的衣服了?8号的?哈!她说她穿6号的。看看我们能不能在她的衣橱里发现什么。
NARRATOR: Not quite, Gabrielle, not quite.
等等,Gabrielle,等等。
GABRIELLE: What's that?
这是什么?
BREE: It's a letter, addressed to Mary Alice.
一封给Mary Alice的信。
NARRATOR: How ironic, to have something I tried so desperately to keep secret, treated so casually.
多么讽刺,如此拼命的守住这个秘密,这么偶然。
LYNETTE: What're you doing? That's private.
这是什么?这是私人物品。
GABRIELLE: It's open, what's the big deal?
它自己掉出来的,没什么大不了的?
SUSAN: What does this mean?
这是什么意思?
LYNETTE: I don't know, but check out the postmark.
我不知道,但是你们看邮戳。
BREE: Oh my god, she got it the day she died.
哦,天!是她自杀的那天。
GABRIELLE: Do you think this is why she...?
你觉得这会不会就是她自杀的原因……
NARRATOR: I'm so sorry, girls. I never wanted you to be burdened with this.
我很抱歉,我从没想过让你们承受这些。
SUSAN: Oh Mary Alice, what did you do?
Mary Alice,你到底做了什么?

影片简介

在Mary Alice Young 描述自己拥有的完美生活的画外音中,她对准自己的太阳穴扣动了扳机。Mary的自杀震惊了她最亲密的四个朋友,而她们自己的生活也充满了纷乱的变数。单身母亲Susan对新搬来的邻居Mike一见倾心,在女儿Julie的怂恿下,她主动送去了乔迁新居的贺礼。但是英俊的Mike还吸引了Edie Britt,这个多次离婚的性感女人请Mike去看一下。

划红精讲

1. rise from

(1) 从……升起

eg. A puff of dark smoke was rising from the chimney.
一股黑烟从烟囱里冒出来。

(2) 起因于;起源于

eg. The quarrel between them rose from a misunderstanding.
他俩之间的争吵是由于误会而造成的。

(3) 出身于

eg. He rose from a poor family.
他出身于一个贫苦家庭。

2. pack away: 把……收藏起来 pack: 打包

eg. She packed away the clothes when they were not needed.
她把不用的衣服收起来。

eg. Pack away your books and notebooks,children.It's time for a break.
孩子们,把书和笔记本收起来。现在休息了。

3. check out: 检查

(1) 退房

eg. I was disappointed to miss Bryan, who had just checked out.
我很失望没见到布莱恩,他刚刚退房走了。

(2) 调查

eg. Maybe we ought to go down to the library and check it out.
也许我们该去图书馆调查一下。

(3) 借出

eg. No books can be checked out after 6 p.m. tomorrow.
明天下午6点以后图书不可以借出。

4. burden with: 加负担于…… burden: 承受

eg. I don't want to burden you with my problems.
我不想以我的问题烦扰你。

分享到
重点单词
  • quarreln. 吵架,争论,怨言 vi. 吵架,争论,挑剔
  • narratorn. 叙述者,讲解员
  • unexpectedadj. 想不到的,意外的
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • chimneyn. 烟囱
  • skeletonn. 骨架,纲要,骨骼,骨瘦如柴的人或动物,家丑 adj
  • disappointedadj. 失望的
  • ironicadj. 说反话的,讽刺的
  • misunderstandingn. 误会,误解 misunderstand的现在分词