《绝望的主妇》视听精讲第6期:你不可以阻止我们
日期:2013-01-21 15:29

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

SCAVO kids: Stop. Arrrggggh. Hah!
停下!
LYNETTE: What are you doing!? We are at a wake!
你们在干嘛?我们是来守夜的。
PRESTON: When we got here, you said we could go in the pool.
你说过我们可以在水池里玩的。
LYNETTE: I said you could go by the pool. Do you have your swimsuits on?
我说你们可以在水池边玩。你们穿游泳裤了?
PORTER: Yeah, we put them on under our clothes just before we left.
是的,我们来的时候就穿好了。
LYNETTE: You three planned this? Alright, that's it. Get out!
你们早就计划好了,我明白了,出来!
PORTER: No!
不!
LYNETTE: No? I am your mother. You have to do what I say. Come on.
不?我是你们老妈,要听我的话,快点。
PRESTON: We wanna swim and you can't stop us.
我们想游泳,你不可以阻止我们!
LYNETTE: Here.
请抱一下。
LYNETTE: Get out. Or I will get in this pool and just grab you, get out! Get over here. Get over here. Get back or I'll kill you.
出来。要我就进去抓你们了?出来!过来。
LYNETTE: That's right, get over here. Go, go, go, ugh. Move it. Out. Get out.
好,把你的胳膊给我。出来,快出来。
LYNETTE: Paul. We have to leave now. Once again, I am so sorry for your loss. Go!
Paul,我们得走了。我很遗憾。走。
NARRATOR: Lynette shouldn't have been so concerned about my husband. He had other things on his mind. Things below the surface.
Lynette没必要这么在意我的丈夫。他脑袋里在想别的事情,一些被掩盖的事情。
NARRATOR: The morning after my funeral, my friends and neighbors quietly went back to their busy, busy lives. Some did their cooking.
我葬礼的第二天早上,我的朋友和邻居们又回到了他们……从前忙碌的生活,有些人在做饭……
NARRATOR: And some did their cleaning.
……有的人在打扫……
NARRATOR: And some did their yoga.
……有的做……
NARRATOR: Others did their homework.
有人在做家庭作业。
JULIE: Hi.
嗨。
JULIE: I'm Julie, I kicked my soccer ball into your backyard.
我是Julie,我的球不小心踢进你的后院了。
MIKE: Oh, OK. Well, let's go round and get it. Stay.
哦,没关系,我们去拿回来。待在这儿。

影片简介

在Mary Alice Young 描述自己拥有的完美生活的画外音中,她对准自己的太阳穴扣动了扳机。Mary的自杀震惊了她最亲密的四个朋友,而她们自己的生活也充满了纷乱的变数。单身母亲Susan对新搬来的邻居Mike一见倾心,在女儿Julie的怂恿下,她主动送去了乔迁新居的贺礼。但是英俊的Mike还吸引了Edie Britt,这个多次离婚的性感女人请Mike去看一下。

划红讲解

1. at a wake: 在守灵场合

eg. In Massachusetts at a wake, mourners may eat no more than three sandwiches.
在马萨诸塞州,哀悼者在守丧期间只能吃三个三明治。

2. have on: 穿着,戴着

eg. How you ought to have on lace.
那应该如何穿着蕾丝?

eg. What freedom of dress and hairstyle does one have on the job?
上班劳作,穿着打扮,头型样式,当事之人,自由选择但有几何?

put on: 穿上,戴上

eg. My sisters put on their best dresses.
我的姊妹穿上他们的最好地穿着.

eg. The children put on some warm clothes.
孩子们穿上了一些暖和的衣服。

3. be concerned about: 关心,挂念

eg. Pregnant mothers may also be concerned about eating fish because of the mercury content.
准妈妈也对吃鱼有顾虑,担心其汞含量超标。

4. on one's mind: 使人担心,惦念

eg. As this process builds, there is a shift for most from relying on one's mind to thinking with one's heart.
随著这个过程的继续,对多数人来说就会有一个质的转变,从依赖于大脑思维转向于用心来思考。

5. below the surface: 深入,实际上

eg. Both strategies lie below the surface of most of the commonly held attitudes to climate change.
实际上,这两种策略普遍存在于对气候变化所持的态度之中。

分享到
重点单词
  • narratorn. 叙述者,讲解员
  • portern. 搬运工,门房,(火车卧铺车厢或豪华车厢的)乘务员,
  • shiftn. 交换,变化,移动,接班者 v. 更替,移转,变声
  • lacen. 饰带,花边,缎带 v. 结带子,饰以花边
  • concernedadj. 担忧的,关心的