《绝望的主妇》第368期:我们团队是一群软蛋
日期:2015-10-27 21:01

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听

On page six is an example of the new print ad. Check it out.
第6页是新的样板广告,翻过去看一下。
I'm thirsty.
我渴了。
Oh, shh, honey, everyone's working. I'm sorry. This'll just take a sec.
哦,宝贝,所有人都在工作。不好意思,一会儿就好。
Is it just me or is that bizarre?
还是真有怪事?
It's bizarre. Totally bizarre.
真怪,太奇异了。
We got to make her stop this.
我们得让她停止这么做。
Hey, don't get me wrong, I find that as bizarre as you guys do,
嘿,嘿,别怪我我跟你们一样也发现了这怪事,
but right now this firm needs Veronica more than she needs us.
但是眼下公司需要Veronica,多过她需要我们。
Telling a mother how to raise her kids is an act of war. We will lose her.
告诉一个母亲该怎么带孩子,是挑起战争的行为,我们会失去她。
The kid is five. It's disgusting!
这个孩子5岁让人生厌!
Yeah, well we'll just ask her to keep the blinds always drawn when she nurses.
是的,我们可以让她喂孩子时把百叶窗一直关着。
We still know what's going on in there. It's a distraction. And god forbid a client sees her.
我们仍然可以知道她在做什么,这让人分心。上天也会禁止这样做。
Okay, so who's going to tell her?
好吧,谁来跟她说?
You're a woman. It's easier for you to talk to her about milk and boobs and stuff.
你是个女人。对你来说更容易和她说奶、胸之类的。
No! No, uh, please. Don't make me do it. Why don't you have Jerry tell her?
不! 不,嗯,请别让我来做,你干吗不让Jerry告诉她?
I made a pass at her yesterday. It'd be weird.
我昨天挑逗过她,那会很怪异的。
You could do it without offending her. Come on, Lynette. Take one for the team.
你可以在不冒犯她的情况下做这件事去吧,Lynette,为了大家。
Okay, but for the record, the team is made up of wimps.
好吧,但实话,说这一组的人都是懦夫。
Well, the team's aware of that and accepts your loathing.
小组已经明白这点,也接受你对我们的讨厌。

影视精讲


make a pass at: 讨好、勾引
What did he/ she do, make a pass at you?
他/她是怎么做的朝你抛媚眼吗?
Did he make a pass at you or not?
他有没有越轨举动?

offend: 冒犯、违反
How could you offend him?
你怎么能得罪他呢?
Why does that offend you?
到底什么惹到你了?

take one for the team:【为了全队,牺牲个人利益】
You gotta do it for the team.
你必须为团队做这件事.
You could do it without offending her. Come on, Lynette. Take one for the team.
你可以在不冒犯她的情况下做这件事去吧,Lynette,为了大家。

分享到
重点单词
  • loathingn. 嫌恶 adj. 厌恶的 vt. 讨厌(loathe
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • thirstyadj. 口渴的,渴望的
  • offendvt. 犯罪,冒犯 vi. 令人不适,违反
  • bizarreadj. 奇异的,怪诞的 n. 奇异花