《绝望的主妇》第152期:担心的快抓狂了
日期:2014-06-20 09:07

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


Mike, Hi, sweetie. I hope the job's going well.
MIKE,嗨,亲爱的,希望你手头的工作一切顺利。
Um, so I hope you're not mad, but I found Mrs. Huber's journal in your truck, and, well, I couldn't exactly not read it,
呃,我希望你别生气,但我在你的卡车里找到了HUBER太太的日记。然后,嗯,我无法不去翻阅它,
so I did, and, um, I know all about the blackmail, so call me. We'll talk. Love you. Bye.
于是我就看了看。然后,呃,我都了解了整个勒索的来龙去脉。请给我回个电话,我们谈谈。爱你,再见!
I haven't heard back, and I was getting a little concerned.
我一直都没收到回音,我有点担心你了。
The girls and I were talking, and, we think that maybe Paul Young killed Mrs. Huber, and if he did, then maybe he killed yourold girlfriend, too,
我们几个女生都讨论过了,然后,嗯,我们猜测是不是PAUL YOUNG把HUBER太太给杀了,要真是他干的话。那么杀你前女友的凶手兴许也是他,
so we should really talk about thisso call me. I love you. Bye.
看样子我们真的得谈谈,请给我回电话。我爱你,再见!
I thought the whole point of having a cell phone was so someone could reach you when they needed to talk.
我想,有手机的唯一目的就是当别人想找你谈谈的时候能找得到你。
How can we move forward as a couple if you won't communicate with me?
我们之间的关系怎么可能维系得下去,要是你不跟我交流的话?
Mike, I need you to call me back! I mean it! Love you. Bye
MIKE,快给我回电话,我是认真的!爱你,再见!
I am so sorry for that last phone call. Um, let's just say it was the worry talking. I just really need to talk to you, and last
我为上一个留言道歉。呃,我们可以把那当作一些担忧的话,我只是真的很想跟你谈谈,还有……
Can you hang on? I got another call. Hello?
你等一下,有另一个电话
Hey, it's me.
嘿,是我
Oh, my God. Where have you been?
哦,我的老天,你去哪儿了?
Uh, the reception's pretty lousy up here, but I got your messages.
呃,这儿手机的收讯信号很不好,我刚收到你的留言。
Well, I'm really sorry for thatlast message. I was just, uh...
嗯,对刚刚那条留言我很抱歉。我只是,嗯…
Stressed out?
过于不安了?
Yes. Let's call it stressed out. Uh, sohow did you get Martha Huber's journal?
是的,就当那是过于不安吧。嗯…你是怎么得到MARTHA HUBER的日记的?
Oh, um, her sister, Mrs. Tilman, gave it to me. She was helping me with my search.
哦,是她妹妹,Tilman太太给我的。她帮助我调查。
I just really think we need to give it to the police
我认为我们真的应该把那日记交给警方
Uh, yeah. Yeah, absolutely.
呃,是的,没错,那是当然。
Really?
真的?
Sure. Yeah. As soon as I get through with this job, we'll make an appointment with that detective, what's his name, uh, Copeland.
当然,真的。一旦我把手头的工作干完,我们就和那个警探见个面。叫什么来着……嗯,
Great. That's great
很好,这很好。
All right, so I'll, uh, see you in a few hours.
好的,那么,我过几个小时就来见你?
Okay. Hurry, though. I just have a feeling thatPaul Young is in the middle of all of this.
好的.不过,快点好吗?我有预感那个Paul Young是这整个谜团的关键.
Well, let's not rush to judgment.
嗯,先别这么快下结论。

影视精讲

blackmail: 勒索
This was denounced in colombo as economic blackmail.
科伦坡方斥责此声明为经济勒索。
In blackmail timing can be everything.
时机的选择能决定一次敲诈的成败。

hang on: 等候
The only way to survive financial busts is to hang on long enough to outrun them.
从金融衰退中幸存下来的唯一途径就是坚持下去,挺过衰退时期。

rush to judgment 急于判断
Instead, they rush to judgment, with the support of the media.
相反,在媒体的支持下,这些委员会急于做出判断。
Well, let's not rush to judgment.
嗯,先别这么快下结论。

分享到
重点单词
  • celln. 细胞,电池,小组,小房间,单人牢房,(蜂房的)巢室
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • blackmailn. 勒索 vt. 勒索,讹诈
  • concernedadj. 担忧的,关心的
  • judgmentn. 裁判,宣告,该判决书
  • detectiveadj. 侦探的 n. 侦探
  • survivevt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过 vi.
  • communicatev. 交流,传达,沟通
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,