《绝望的主妇》第227期:你会喜欢做母亲
日期:2014-11-26 18:01

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Bree, it's still too easy to breathe. You've gotta make it tighter.
不,Bree,它还是太松了,你得把它弄得再紧点。
Gaby, if I make it any tighter, you won't be able to sit down.
Gaby,如果再紧点,你就没法坐下了。
I don't care. I can't have these girls thinking I'm pregnant.
我没关系。我不能让这些女孩们知道我怀孕了。
Do you actually think they're gonna make fun of you?
你真的认为她们会嘲笑你?
Trust me. They're merciless.
相信我,她们很无情。
But why? I mean, surely they have friends who have children.
可是,为什么?我的意思是她们也有朋友作妈妈了啊。
When I decided to marry Carlos,
当我决定嫁给Carlos的时候,
I told these girls I would spend the rest of my days being rich and in love and childless,
我告诉这些女孩们,我的下半辈子将会是富有、充满爱和没有孩子的。
and they laughed at me, and they said I would just end up being another fat hausfrau living a life that I didn't plan.
那时,她们取笑我,她们说我最终将变成一个肥胖的主妇过着我所不期望的生活
I'm not gonna give them the satisfaction of knowing they were right.
我不想让他们称心,被她们说中。
Well, maybe they'll just be happy for you.
也许她们只是替你感到开心。
Bree, my friends are models. They're never happy for anyone.
Bree,我的朋友都是模特。她们从不为任何人感到开心。
Do you ever think you might like it?
你有没有想过也许你会喜欢?
What?
喜欢什么?
Motherhood.
做一个母亲。
No.
不。
Oh, come on. You don't think you're gonna love your own baby?
哦,别这样。你就没想过你会喜欢你孩子?
Well, I'm not saying I'm not gonna grow attached to the little bugger.
我不是说我对小家伙没感情。
I just don't have the motherhood gene. I wish I did, but I don't. What?
我就是没有母性基因。我很希望有,可惜。笑什么?
Well, I'm just smiling because I think a few months from now you are gonna come to me
我只是在笑,也许几个月后你会跑来跟我说,
and tell me how madly in love you are with your new little baby,
你疯狂的喜欢上了你的小宝贝,
and I'm gonna have to resist the urge to say 'I told you so.'
而我必须抵制住自己情绪对你说“我早就料到了”。
Maybe, but I doubt it.
有可能,但我很怀疑。
There you go. All done.
可以了,完成。
Ah. How do I look?
看上去如何?
Positively glowing.
光彩照人。
Bree.
Bree...

影视精讲


make fun of: 取笑
Our standup comics dare only make fun of the unfortunate.
我们的单口喜剧演员只敢拿那些不幸的人开玩笑。
Today, the expression bigwig is used to make fun of a person who feels important.
今天,bigwig被用于嘲笑那些自认为重要的人。

laugh at: 嘲笑
Americans love to laugh at ridiculous regulations.
美国人的一大喜好就是嘲笑那些莫名其妙的规章制度。
I won't laugh at his jokes.
他说笑话,我才不会笑。

attach to: 喜爱
Mary was attached to her brother.
玛丽很喜爱她的弟弟。
I am very attached to that old picture.
我很喜欢那幅旧画。

分享到
重点单词
  • attachv. 附上,系上,贴上,使依恋
  • genen. 基因
  • urgevt. 驱策,鼓励,力陈,催促 vi. 极力主张 n.
  • glowingadj. 灼热的,热情的,强烈的 动词glow的现在分词
  • resistv. 抵抗,反抗,抵制,忍住 n. 防蚀涂层
  • mercilessadj. 无慈悲心的,残忍的
  • satisfactionn. 赔偿,满意,妥善处理,乐事,确信
  • unfortunateadj. 不幸的,令人遗憾的,不成功的 n. 不幸的人
  • ridiculousadj. 荒谬的,可笑的