《绝望的主妇》第21期:和过去的你一样,给我惊喜
日期:2013-03-12 18:24

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

GABRIELLE: Is that white gold?
是白金的吗?
CARLOS: Yeah. Put it on. And then make love to me.
是的,戴上它……然后和我做爱。
GABRIELLE: I'm not in the mood. But, we could stay up and talk.
我没心情。我们可以不睡觉,聊聊天。
CARLOS: When a man buys a woman expensive jewellery, there are many things he may want in return. For future reference, conversation ain't one of 'em.
当一个男人给女人买了非常昂贵的首饰,他希望得到很多回报,但不是聊天。
CARLOS: Hey, that was a joke.
嗨,只是开个玩笑。
GABRIELLE: Yeah, right.
是,没错。
CARLOS: What the hell's wrong with you?
你到底吃错什么药了?
GABRIELLE: Let go of me.
放开我。
CARLOS: You've been acting like a nightmare for a month. What's wrong?
嗨,这一个月来你简直像个恶魔,怎么回事?
GABRIELLE: Stop.
住口。
CARLOS: I can't fix it unless you tell me.
如果你不告诉我,我是不会放过你的。
GABRIELLE: It's not exciting anymore, Carlos.
Carlos,生活不再那么有意思了。
CARLOS: So what am I supposed to do?
你想让我怎么做?
GABRIELLE: I don't know. Be the way you used to be, surprise me, take my breath away.
我不知道,和过去的你一样,给我惊喜,让我出乎意料。
CARLOS: Okay. Okay.
好吧。
MIKE: Hey Susan.
你好,Susan。
SUSAN: Mike!
Mike!
MIKE: What's wrong?
怎么了?
SUSAN: I didn't realize anyone was gonna be out here, I just sorta rolled outta bed.
我想可能没人会在这,所以只裹了条毛毯。
MIKE: I'm sure you look fine.
你看起来很好。
SUSAN: Oooh.
哦。
MIKE: Ooh, Bongo, Bongo! Shh.. Sorry, uh, he scares easy.
哦,Bongo,别叫了。对不起,呃,它很容易被吓倒。
SUSAN: No, it's fine, I get it.
没,没关系,知道了,
MIKE: I didn't mean to disturb you. I'll see you later.
我没想要打扰你,再见。
SUSAN: D—do you wanna have dinner with me?
你想和我一起吃晚饭吗?

影片简介

Gabrielle和John的幽会被Carlos意料之外的回家打断,John光着下身跳出窗外,在树篱的掩护下做出割草的样子。闷闷不乐的Gabrielle向Carlos埋怨他们的婚姻不再有激情,Carlos允诺以后会经常为她带来惊喜。John向Gabrielle送上一朵玫瑰花,Gabrielle发觉这个还是是真地爱上了她了。

划红精讲

1. put on: 穿上,戴上

eg. Put on your lifejacket, which would help you to stay up if you fall out of the boat.
穿上救生衣。这样在你万一从船上跌到水里时,它会帮助你不沉到水下去。

2. in the mood: 好心情

eg. I am really not in the mood since I have to deal with the mess of living alone in a strange place.
自从开始一个人在外地打拼以来,我要应付各种杂事,实在没那个心情。

eg. I know, you might not be in the mood for exercise. But just do it!
也许你现在没心情做运动,但还是去试试吧!

3. stay up: 熬夜

eg. I used to stay up late with my mom and watch movies.
我过去常和妈妈熬夜看电影。

4. in return: 作为回报

eg. He was motivated by love,and expected nothing in return.
他是出自爱心,并不指望得到任何回报。

5. take one's breath away: 使大吃一惊

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take breath away.
衡量生命的不是寿命的长短,而是一生中有过多少精彩的时刻。

分享到
重点单词
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • actingn. 演戏,行为,假装 adj. 代理的,临时的,供演出
  • measuredadj. 量过的,慎重的,基于标准的,有韵律的 动词me
  • motivatedadj. 有动机的;有积极性的 v. 使产生动机;激发…
  • disturbv. 扰乱,妨碍,使 ... 不安
  • referencen. 参考,出处,参照 n. 推荐人,推荐函 vt. 提
  • nightmaren. 恶梦,使人极其痛苦的事情或经历,梦魇