《绝望的主妇》第44期:面对不忠也不该哭泣
日期:2013-07-23 08:06

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


It’s real pretty, Mama. You were always good with your hands.
妈妈,你让我大吃一惊。
So, I assume you didn’t insist that I travel 2,000 miles for small talk.
我开了2000英里的车只是想来这聊聊天。
So why am I here?
她却问我来这干什么?
She isn’t happy.
她很不开心。
mm-hmm
嗯哼?
I’ve given her everything she ever wanted, but it doesn’t seem to make a difference.
我给了她她想要的一切,但结果还是一样。
I fear we are drifting further and further away.
我感觉我们漂离得越来越远。
And lately I’ve started thinking that maybe she could be.
我开始想也许,也许…
You think she’s cheating on you.
你认为她在欺骗你?
I think so.
我想是的。
We can talk about your problems. But I’m not going to have any of that.
我们可以讨论你的问题,但不要这个样子。
Sorry, mama.
对不起,妈妈。
Do you have any proof?
你有证据吗?
No. No, it’s just a feeling.
没有,只是一种感觉。
I had that feeling with your father and that whore waitress.
我也感觉你爸爸和那个女招待有一腿。
And I was right. Always trust your feelings.
我猜对了,要相信你的感觉。
So what do I do?
我该怎么办?
You don’t do anything. I’ll take care of it.
你什么也不用做,我来处理。
Thank you, Mama.
谢谢你,妈妈。
I’m sorry I had to hit you.
很抱歉,我打了你。
But we’re strong people, and we don’t cry about our problems.
但我们要坚强面对问题,不要哭泣。
We find ways to fix them.
我们要找到解决的方法。

影视精讲


重要词组
small talk: 闲谈、聊天
make a difference: 区别对待
cheat on: 不忠实、不忠于
talk about: 谈论、讨论
take care of: 处理

语意表达:飘移;漂流When something drifts somewhere, it is carried there by the movement of wind or water.
句型操练:We proceeded to drift on up the river...
我们继续向河流的上游漂流。
The waves became rougher as they drifted.
他们漂流的时候,波浪越来越汹涌了。
句型出处:I fear we are drifting further and further away.
我感觉我们漂离得越来越远。

语意表达:背着(配偶、性伴侣)乱搞;对(配偶、性伴侣)不忠If someone cheats on their husband, wife, or partner, they have a sexual relationship with another person.
指点迷津:(习惯用语〕cheat in exams 考试作弊
cheat sb. into doing sth. 骗某人去做某事
cheat sb.(out)of sth. 骗取某人的某物例
They tried to cheat the old lady out of her savings.他们想把那位老太太的积蓄骗个精光.
句型操练:I'd found Philippe was cheating on me and I was angry and hurt.
发觉菲利普对我不忠后,我又气愤又伤心。
句型出处:You think she’s cheating on you.
你认为她在欺骗你?

语意表达:cry about哭泣
句型操练:It's nothing to cry about. 没有什么值得哭泣的
句型出处:But we’re strong people, and we don’t cry about our problems.
但我们要坚强面对问题,不要哭泣。


分享到
重点单词
  • partnern. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人 v. 同 ... 合作,做 .
  • movementn. 活动,运动,移动,[音]乐章
  • driftvi. 漂流,漂移,漂泊,吹积,偏离 vt. 使漂流,使
  • assumevt. 假定,设想,承担; (想当然的)认为