《绝望的主妇》 第283期:让人来气的后备计划
日期:2015-03-22 18:31

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Hey, guys.
嘿, 你们好。
Hi, Lynette.
你好, Lynette。
Hi, Carlos.
你好, Carlos。
All right, a reuben? How sweet is that? Lunch brought right to the golf course.
好了! 馅饼? 多周送午餐到高尔夫球场来。
I hear you got some pretty sick kids in there.
我听说你家里的孩子病的不轻。
Oh, it‘s just chicken pox. But Braveheart here will only come in to sleep and shower.
哦,就是出了点水痘。可是这个勇敢男人,只敢进去睡个觉和冲个凉。
I can't say I blame him. I wouldn‘t want to be shooting blanks either. Be well, my man.
我不能说这是他的错。我也不想放空炮。保重, 兄弟。回头见。
Okay.
好的。
Bye, Lynette.
再见, Lynette。
See ya later.I am sorry, what did he mean shooting blanks?
我不明白。他刚才说"放空炮"是什么意思?
Oh, it, it, it‘s nothing, there‘s just a small chance of sterility if a grown man gets chicken pox, so...
哦, 没什么,如果一个成年男子出了水痘,就有可能失去生殖能力,不过机率很小, 所以......
We are not having any more kids. Why would it matter?
我们都不准备再要孩子了。为什么还要担心这个?
I don‘t know. You know, survival instinct.
不知道. 也许是生存的本能吧!
So, if you are the last man to survive a nuclear holocaust, you can repopulatethe planet?
就是说如果,你成为一场核灾难的唯一幸存者,你会重新生育构建整个地球?
No, all I am saying is that if, god forbid, something were to happen to either one of us, I want either one of usto have, you know, options.
不是那意思, 我是说上帝会阻止,一些事情发生在你或我的身上,我是想让你我中的任何一个人拥有这种,你知道的, 选择的权力。
So, you are saying that if I died, you would want a second wife and a family?
那你是在说, 如果我去世了...你想娶第二个妻子再建立一个家庭?
Maybe.
也许吧!
I can‘t believe you are actually thought about this.
真不敢相信,你还真的想过这样的事情!
Well, haven‘t you?
你没想过吗?
Thought about who I will marry if you died? Mm, no!
想过如果你死了我要嫁给谁?没有。
Oh, honey, it‘s a back-up plan. I am not going to use it.
好了, 亲爱的, 这只是个下下策。我不会用的。
Then why have it?
那为什么还要有呢?
Well, I don’‘t know. It‘s like, it’slike there’s this door, right?
我不知道, 因为......就像是, 这里有一扇门, 对吗?
And I am not planning on actually going through it because I am so happy in the room that I am in.
然后其实我并不打算穿过去,因为我现在非常快乐,呆在现在的房间里。
But in case of fire or flood, it’s comforting to know that the door is unlocked.
但是如果房间起了火或者被洪水淹了,然后得知房门没有锁,会让人感到很安慰的。
I am not through with that.
亲爱的, 我还没吃完那!
Yeah, well why don‘t you have your second wife make you lunch, okay? Oops!
好了, 为什么不让你的第二任老婆来给你做午饭呢? 不好意思!

影视精讲


forbid: 阻止
Ministry of railways rules effectively forbid foreign companies from bidding.
铁道部的相关规定实际上禁止外国公司竞标信号合同。
No laws forbid payment to volunteers.
法律没有禁止给予志愿者报酬。

in case of: 假如,如果发生
This is the best place where one can hide in case of some cataclysm.
一旦有大灾难,这是一个人可以躲藏的最好地方。
But in case of fire or flood, it’s comforting to know that the door is unlocked.
但是如果房间起了火或者被洪水淹了,然后得知房门没有锁,会让人感到很安慰的。


分享到