(单词翻译:单击)
情景对话
Viyasan: What about yourself? What are some of your interests? Are you scared about anything when you graduate?
维亚森:你呢?你对什么感兴趣?你担心毕业之后的问题吗?
Gyri: Well, I haven't really been ... I'm trying not to think about now 'cause I still have so many years left. The degree that I'm taking, social anthropology, isn't really a degree that you get work from. Especially, only with a bachelor's degree. I'm gonna have to take more years of other stuff. I'm thinking of taking English literature and then, eventually becoming a teacher, teaching in high school. But there's a long way to go, so I'll probably not be done until I'm like 28, 29 and I'm 23 right now. I'm not really worrying about jobs yet.
格里:嗯,我还没……现在我努力不去想这些事,因为我还有好几年才毕业 。我修的学位是社会人类学,这是不太好找工作的学位 。本科学历尤其不好找工作 。所以我计划花几年时间进修其他专业 。我打算学习英语文学,最终成为老师,高中老师 。不过还有很长的路要走,所以我可能要到28或29岁才能完成学业,我现在23岁 。所以我不太担心工作的事情 。
Viyasan: Got it. Got it. Well, that's a big relief. I know that when a lot of university students graduate, they go job hunting, or even in their third or fourth year. It's good to know that you still have lots of time before you go job hunting. You're in the clear for now.
维亚森:我明白了,我懂了 。这会轻松很多 。我知道有许多大学毕业生在大三或三四的时候就开始找工作了 。知道你好几年之后才要找工作,这真好 。你现在很轻松 。
Gyri: Yeah, for now.
格里:对,目前是这样 。
Viyasan: Yeah.
维亚森:嗯 。
Gyri: I'll save the stressing for later.
格里:我之后才会体验这种压力 。
Viyasan: Exactly, exactly. Gyri, so how 'bout in the past? Have you ever overcome a fear?
维亚森:对,没错 。格里,以前呢?你之前克服过恐惧吗?
Gyri: Yeah and it's similar to what you were talking about. After high school, I went to Barcelona to study graphic design and I was supposed to be there for four years, but it was very scary and I was only 19 years old living in a foreign country. The university wasn't really good. They promised us an English class, but they didn't speak English so we were the only four people in the English class and they were only speaking Spanish to us. We couldn't understand anything, so it was a very stressful situation; being in a new country, not speaking the language, and the university not being very supportive. That was very stressful, but it was a very good experience and I learned a lot from it, but I ended up going back to Norway and going to university there instead. Yeah.
格里:克服过,和你之前说的很类似 。高中毕业之后,我前往巴塞罗那学习平面设计,我原计划要在那里学习四年,但是那太可怕了,我当时只有19岁,要独自生活在外国 。我上的那所大学不太好 。校方承诺我们开设英语教学班,可是他们不会说英语,所以英语班上只有4个学生,而他们只和我们说西班牙语 。我们什么都无法理解,那真是压力非常大的情况;在陌生的国家,不会说那个国家的语言,大学也没有提供太多支持 。那令人很有压力,不过那也是段非常好的经历,我从中学到了很多,但是最后我还是回到了挪威,在挪威继续大学学业 。就是这样 。
Viyasan: And how'd you like the change? When you went back to Norway, did you find things a lot more easier for you to grasp? How were the courses at university in Norway?
维亚森:你怎么看那种变化?你回到挪威以后,有没有发现理解问题变得容易多了?挪威的大学课程怎么样?
Gyri: Yeah, it was much more easier. It wasn't stressful at all really. Yeah, so it kind of made me more accustomed to university life, I guess.
格里:的确,容易多了 。一点儿压力都没有 。我认为我更适应大学生活了 。
Viyasan: Got it.
维亚森:我明白了 。
Gyri: Yeah.
格里:嗯 。
Viyasan: That's very cool.
维亚森:真酷 。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. in the air 没有危险的;不受责备的;不受怀疑的;
Those of you who were too nervous to spill the beans early should be in the clear now.
那些十分紧张不愿把怀孕消息说出来的人现在应该没有这种顾虑了 。
2. be similar to 相像的;相仿的;类似的;
The construction of the diesel engine is quite similar to that of the gasoline engine.
柴油机的构造与汽油机的构造十分相似 。
3. was/were supposed to do sth. 本应该(发生而没有发生);
Where the devil have you been? You were supposed to be home hours ago.
你究竟去哪儿了?几个小时前你就应该到家了 。
4. end up 最终;结果;到头来;
Grey offers you a dignified and conservative authority. If it's too light, you could end up looking a bit boring.
灰色让你显得威严,庄重和有权威 。如果颜色过淡,则让你看起来有点无趣 。