(单词翻译:单击)
情景对话
Joel: So, I know a lot of things are cheaper in Thailand, but like electronics, are they cheaper in Thailand or cheaper in Japan?
乔尔:我知道泰国的许多产品都非常便宜,那电子产品呢?是日本的便宜还是泰国的便宜?
Tom: That's a difficult question. I think electrical accessories are cheaper in Thailand. Do you know what I mean by that? I mean, the plug-ins, like if you want a computer mouse or programs or.
汤姆:这是一个很难回答的问题 。我认为泰国的电子配件更便宜 。你明白我的意思吗?我指的是那些插件程序,比如鼠标或程序 。
Joel: Like a memory stick.
乔尔:还有内存条 。
Tom: Memory sticks, yeah. They're always cheaper.
汤姆:对,内存条也是 。泰国的配件更便宜 。
Joel: Cheaper in Thailand?
乔尔:泰国的便宜?
Tom: In Thailand, yeah. (and) I don't know, it's maybe about 30%, 20 or 30% less than you would find it in Japan. But things like computers and cameras: the shop price is about the same. If you want to get those cheaper, you're better off going duty-free. When you're going through the airport the first time, check out the stores, check out what they've got. They always have a very limited selection in duty-free shops, and then when you're on holiday, go onto the internet and find out about the products you saw in shops, so that when you're on your way home, you can pick it up at duty-free and that way you save, you can make big savings. You can make big deals.
汤姆:对,泰国的便宜 。我也不清楚,可能比日本便宜30%或20%吧 。可是像电脑和相机这样的电子产品,商店的售价是一样的 。如果你想买便宜的产品,你最好去免税店 。你抵达机场时可以先在机场看看实体店里有什么商品 。一般免税店选择有限,你可以去网上找你在实体店里看到的产品,你回国的时候就可以直接去免税店提货,这样你可以省下一大笔钱 。你会得到很好的折扣 。
Joel: I see, so you just figure out what you want, when you go to the shops, but then you buy it all at the airport.
乔尔:我明白了,所以你要先确定你要买的商品,然后去商店,之后再在机场买 。
Tom: The difficult thing is the airport shops don't have the full-range. They only have the latest stuff and the best stuff, so in a way, you're getting top-quality at a bargain price, but you do need to do the research first.
汤姆:机场免税店最大的问题是产品不全 。机场只有最新型号和最好的产品,可以说,你用低价买到了高品质的产品,不过你要先研究一下 。
Joel: Are you going to buy anything when you go back for holiday?
乔尔:你假期去泰国时打算买什么东西吗?
Tom: I've just done a lot of shopping. I think the holidays is going to take all of my money out, but there's a few little things I need to get: some hook-ups for my computer.
汤姆:我已经买了很多东西了 。我觉得假期时我会花光我的钱,不过我的确需要给电脑买些小配件 。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. be better off
(用于建议)不如,最好;
eg. He'd be better off going to the police about it.
他最好把这件事报告警方 。
eg. He's much better off than before.
他手头比过去宽多了 。
2. check out
了解清楚;核实;查实;
eg. They check out all the goods in the store.
他们清点了商店里的所有商品 。
eg. The car stopped suddenly; he had to check out immediately.
车突然停下来了,他只好下来检查 。
3. in a way
(用于缓和语气)在某种程度上,在某些方面;
eg. In a way they played a vanguard role.
在某种意义上说,他们起了先锋的作用 。
eg. In a way, I suppose I'm frightened of failing.
我想我有点惧怕失败 。
4. figure out
想出;理解;弄清;
eg. I can't figure out why she got into such a state of inflammation.
我弄不懂她为什么会如此激动 。
eg. Instead of getting all riled up about this , we should try to figure out what to do.
与其因此发火, 我们还不如想想该怎么办 。