(单词翻译:单击)
情景对话
Todd: So, what did you do today?
托德:你今天做什么了?
Ruth: Well, actually, I got up this morning quite early. I couldn't sleep so I was a little bit annoyed and then I went to church and I had some lunch and..
鲁斯:实际上,我今天起得非常早 。我睡不着了,所以我有点生气,之后我就去了教堂,然后吃了午餐 。
Todd: OK, but, you said early, like how early?
托德:刚刚你说起得很早,那是多早?
Ruth: Well, I think it was about 7 o'clock.
鲁斯:嗯,我想大概是七点左右吧 。
Todd: That's not early.
托德:那可并不早 。
Ruth: That is early if you went to bed at 1.
鲁斯:如果你是凌晨一点才睡觉的话,那个时间很早 。
Todd: That's true. That's sleeping in for me.
托德:那倒没错 。对我来说那个时间就是睡过头了 。
Ruth: That's sleeping in. That's true. You're an early bird aren't you?
鲁斯:睡过头了 。那倒是 。你是早起的人,对吧?
Todd: Now, last night we went out and had the beers.
托德:昨天晚上我们出去喝啤酒了 。
Ruth: Yeah!
鲁斯:对啊!
Todd: I was actually quite happy this morning. I had no hangover.
托德:我今天早上非常高兴 。我没有宿醉的症状 。
Ruth: Did you not? (No) I felt a little bit queasy this morning, and I was a bit ashamed, and I didn't even drink very much. I wasn't, I didn't feel queasy. I think it was more that I hadn't had any sleep actually.
鲁斯:你没有吗?(没有)我今天早上有点恶心,我感到有点不好意思,因为我并没有喝太多 。我没有,我没有恶心,我想只是因为我睡得不够 。
Todd: Yeah, did you feel guilty in church knowing that you still had the beer buzz?
托德:是啊,你在教堂的时候有没有因为还在宿醉而感到罪恶感?
Ruth: No. I didn't feel guilty about that.
鲁斯:没有,我没有为那种事感到有罪恶感 。
Todd: Yeah, that would be tough one. No, I still got up this morning at 5:45.
托德:好吧,那很难 。不过我今天早上还是凌晨5点45分起床的 。
Ruth: 5:45!
鲁斯:5点45!
Todd: Yeah.
托德:是啊 。
Ruth: You must be a lunatic.
鲁斯:你一定是个疯子 。
Todd: Well, I mean when the light comes up and the light goes through your window, I don't know how people can still sleep. You know? You can sleep when the light, the sunrise still comes up?
托德:嗯,我是说天一亮,阳光就会从窗户照射进来,我不理解这样人们怎么还能睡觉 。你知道吗?你在天亮了以后,太阳升起来以后还能睡觉吗?
Ruth: Yeah, not for too, I mean I can't sleep forever, but like, 7 o'clock, 8 o'clock, then my body wakes up.
鲁斯:是啊,我也不能,我是说我也不能一直睡,比如七、八点的时候,我的身体就会醒来 。
Todd: The apartment I was at before, it was crazy because there was a rooster outside, and it didn't do what it was supposed to do, like normally when the sun comes up, the rooster is supposed to go, "er-er-er-er" or whatever, but this thing did it at like 1 and 2 in the morning. It used to drive me nuts, so I used to always wake up at 2 because I'd hear this rooster going "er-er-er" and I just wanted to kill that bird.
托德:我以前住得那个公寓很疯狂,因为外面有公鸡,可是它却并没有做它应该做的事情,比如通常情况下太阳升起来以后,公鸡应该打鸣,可是这只公鸡却在凌晨一、两点的时候打鸣,那真的快把我逼疯了,所以那时我总是在凌晨两点醒来,因为我听到了公鸡打鸣,我真想杀了那只鸡 。
Ruth: Did you go sleep, back to sleep after that?
鲁斯:在那之后你还会继续睡吗?
Todd: Yeah, of course I went back to sleep, but the bird would wake me up regularly. Yeah. No roosters here.
托德:当然,我会继续睡觉,但是这只鸡总是让我醒过来 。不过这里没有公鸡 。
Ruth: That's not funny is it?
鲁斯:那并不好笑不是吗?
Todd: Yeah.
托德:是啊 。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. sleep in
睡过头;睡懒觉;
eg. I can finally sleep in tomorrow!
明天终于可以睡懒觉了!
eg. He loves to sleep in on the weekends.
他喜欢在周末时睡懒觉 。
2. come up
(太阳、月亮)升起;
eg. It will be so great watching the sun come up.
看着太阳冉冉升起将是十分美妙的事情 。
eg. This much is certain: The sun will come up tomorrow.
有一点是明白无误的:明天太阳依然升起 。
3. wake up
醒;醒来;唤醒;弄醒;
eg. Maybe everything will be fine by the time we wake up.
也许等我们醒来的时候一切都好起来了 。
eg. I'll wake you up when it's time to leave.
到了走的时候我会叫醒你 。
4. be supposed to do sth.
本应该(发生而没有发生);
eg. You were supposed to be here at six thirty.
你本应该六点半就到这儿 。
eg. The sports meeting was supposed to take place on Tuesday, but we had to postpone it due to the bad weather.
运动会本应该在星期五召开,但是由于糟糕的天气不得不推迟 。
5. drive sb. nuts
把某人逼疯; 使某人发疯;
eg. Lady, people like you used to drive me nuts.
女士,我以前遇到你这种人很抓狂 。
eg. The noise next door drive me nuts!
隔壁的噪音快把我逼疯了!