(单词翻译:单击)
Todd: Hello!
你好!
David: Hello, Seattle!
你好,西雅图!
Todd: Hello, Seattle! OK, well, how about could you introduce yourself to the listener?
你好,西雅图!好的,你能向听众介绍一下自己吗?
David: Oh, hi, I'm David. I'm from Tennessee. The home of Jack Daniel's whiskey and Elvis Presley.
你好,我是大卫 。我来自田纳西州 。杰克丹尼威士忌和埃维斯·普里斯利的故乡 。
Todd: Do you like Elvis?
你喜欢埃维斯?
David: He's OK.
他很好 。
Todd: Yeah! Cool!
酷!
David: Never met the guy, but.
但我从来没见过真人 。
Todd: Your name is David.
你的名字叫大卫 。
David: Yes, that is correct.
是的,没错 。
Todd: But what does everyone call you here?
这里的人都怎么称呼你?
David: Tennessee
田纳西 。
Todd: OK. Why does everyone call you Tennessee?
为什么所有人都叫你田纳西?
David: Two reasons. One, I'm from Tennessee, the most obvious reason and the third is because usually there is two to three, one time there was four Davids here.
有两个原因 。第一,我来自田纳西州,这是最明显的原因 。另外,就是因为通常会同时有两个或三个,有时候甚至是四个人都叫大卫 。
Todd: Oh, I see.
我明白了 。
David: And to keep us from getting confused they just started calling me Tennessee.
为了不叫混了,大家就开始叫我田纳西 。
Todd: Oh, nice. Great. Well it was nice to meet you, David.
好的,太棒了 。很高兴认识你,大卫 。
David: Nice to meet you too, Todd.
很高兴认识你,托德 。
注:译文属可可英语原创,未经允许,请勿转载 。