(单词翻译:单击)
情景对话
Todd: Hey, Jessica, what are your plans for the summer?
托德:嗨,杰西卡,你暑假有什么计划?
Jessica: This summer! I think I'm going to go on a trip with my brother to Argentina. Uh, we are still making the plans to go but I think we're going to go for two weeks. And we're probably going to go from Chicago, because that's where he lives, to Buenos Aires and then go north to the city of Cordoba, which is the second largest city in Argentina, so, and then from there I'd really like to go and see some gauchos, which are Argentine cowboys, so I think that would be really cool, and have some barbeque and see everything that we can, so..
杰西卡:今年暑假!我想我会和我哥哥去阿根廷旅行 。嗯,我们仍在计划中,不过我想我们会在那里旅行两周 。我们可能会从芝加哥出发,因为他住在那里,我们会去布宜诺斯艾利斯,之后去北部城市科尔多瓦,那里是阿根廷第二大城市,之后我想去看看南美牛仔,就是阿根廷的牛仔,我认为那会很棒,我们可以烧烤,四处游览,所以……
Todd: Cool! Are you going to work your way down to the southern tip?
托德:真棒!你打算去南部看看吗?
Jessica: I don't think we're going to just because I have a buddy of mine that lives in the north, in Cordoba, and I think it's so far from the north to the south, just cause it's such a long country that he said by bus it would take something like some ungodly amount of hours and so, I don't know, in two weeks, I think that would be a little bit ambitious, to try to cover it all so.
杰西卡:我想我们不会去,因为我有个朋友住在北部城市科尔多瓦,我想从北部去南部太远了,因为阿根廷南北距离太长,我朋友说坐公交要花好长时间,所以我也不太清楚,两周时间,我想要是都去的话时间太赶了 。
Todd: OK, do you know anybody in Argentina?
托德:好,你在阿根廷有认识的人吗?
Jessica: Yeah, yeah, my one friend who lives there. I definitely want to go there and visit him.
杰西卡:有,有的,我的一个朋友住在那里 。我一定要去那里看他 。
Todd: Oh, so your friend already lives there.
托德:哦,你朋友就住那里啊 。
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. be going to do sth.
想要做某事;决定做某事;
eg. I'm going to go to bed.
我要睡觉了 。
eg. He announced that he's going to resign.
他宣布他即将辞职 。
eg. I was not going to compromise.
我决不妥协 。
2. amount of
总数;总额;
eg. He needs that amount of money to survive.
他需要那样一笔钱以生存下去 。
eg. I still do a certain amount of work for them.
我仍然为他们做一些工作 。
eg. An abnormal amount of snow fell here last week.
上周这里下了异常大的雪 。