(单词翻译:单击)
情景对话
Todd: Now Kate, you said that you actually had exchange students live with you…
托德:凯特,你说过你曾和交换学生一起住在……
Kate: I did.
凯特:是的 。
Todd: …in New Zealand.
托德:……在新西兰 。
Kate: I've had 3 exchange students.
凯特:我家里曾住过三个交换学生 。
Todd: Ok, can you talk about each one?
托德:好,你能分别介绍一下他们吗?
Kate: Yep, the first one, she was very young, she was 14 I think at the time, so it was quite difficult for her to come to another country by herself, but by the end of 2 weeks she was in tears when she left our family. She was just so happy and overjoyed. And we still keep in contact.
凯特:好的,首先第一个,这个女孩年龄非常小,当时她只有14岁,所以对她来说独自来到一个陌生的国家非常难,两周后交换结束时她离开我家时哭了 。那是因为她太开心了,可以说是欣喜若狂 。现在我和她还有联系 。
Todd: What was her name?
托德:她叫什么名字?
Kate: Ariko.
凯特:她叫Ariko 。
Todd: Oh, ok.
托德:好 。
Kate: Ariko.
凯特:名字是Ariko 。
Todd: So were all the exchange students from Japan?
托德:那这些交换学生都来自日本吗?
Kate: They were. Three from Japan.
凯特:是的 。都来自日本 。
Todd: Who else did you have come to stay with you?
托德:还有哪个交换学生在你家住过?
Kate: The next one was interesting. She was from Kanto.. Kansai, near Osaka in Japan. And she actually…she was in a band, a brass band, an orchestra. She actually came to New Zealand to just play in this orchestra. She was a very lovely girl. She spoke fluent English so we had no problems in communicating.
凯特:第二个交换学生非常有意思 。她来自关东……抱歉,是关西地区,在日本大阪附近 。实际上她是乐队成员,是铜管乐队,管弦乐队的成员 。她来新西兰就是为了参加这个管弦乐队 。她是个非常可爱的女孩 。她能说流利的英语,所以我们在交流上完全没有问题 。
Todd: How long did she stay?
托德:她住了多长时间?
Kate: She stayed for 3 weeks actually. A bit longer.
凯特:她住了三周的时间 。要稍微长一些 。
Todd: You said there was one more…
托德:你说过还有一名交换学生……
Kate: One more was Ayako. She was older, she was actually more my brother's age so she spent a lot of time with my brother rather than with me 'cause I was going to school every day.
凯特:对,最后一个交换学生叫绫子 。她的年龄要大一些,其实她和我哥哥的年龄差不多,所以相比我来说,她和我哥哥待在一起的时间更长,因为我每天都要去上学 。
Todd: Oh, I see.
托德:哦,我知道了 。
Kate: But we still got on very well. And my most memorable moment was going horse riding with her.
凯特:不过我们相处得很好 。我印象最深的就是和她一起去骑马 。
Todd: Oh, nice. Had she been on a horse before?
托德:真好 。她以前骑过马吗?
Kate: No, first time.
凯特:没有,那是第一次 。
Todd: She must have been pretty scared of the horses!
托德:她一定非常害怕马!
Kate: Yeah she was.
凯特:没错,她很害怕 。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. by oneself
独自;单独;
eg. You're old enough to travel on the train by yourself.
你长大了,能一个人坐火车了 。
eg. Clive disappeared into a room by himself.
克莱夫独自一人进了屋 。
2. in tears
哭泣;
eg. She steeped her handkerchief in tears.
她的泪水湿透了她的手绢 。
eg. He ran home in tears to his mother.
他流著泪跑回家去找妈妈 。
3. keep in contact
保持联络;
eg. We do keep in contact.
我们确实保持着联系 。
eg. He bought a mobile phone to keep in contact more easily.
为了联系方便,他买了个手机 。
4. get on
(同…)和睦相处;
eg. He is not a very easy man to get on with.
他不是一个容易相处的人 。
eg. We do not get on well together.
我们相处得不融洽 。
5. be scared of
惊恐的;恐惧的;害怕的;
eg. She's scared of walking home alone.
她害怕单独走回家 。
eg. I was scared of slipping on the ice.
我害怕在冰上滑倒 。