(单词翻译:单击)
情景对话
Todd: Hey, Akane, I was thinking, why don't we get everyone together tonight and rent a movie.
托德:嗨,茜,我在想,我们今晚为什么不把大家集合起来,一起租电影看呢?
Akane: Sounds like a good idea.
茜:听起来是个不错的主意 。
Todd: So, I'll run down to the video store. I was thinking, because Star Wars is coming out, why don't we get the previous Star Wars, Episode II, and watch that.
托德:我会去音像店 。我在想,《星球大战》即将上映,我们为什么不回顾之前的《星球大战》电影呢,看第二部怎么样?
Akane: Oh, man. I really don't want to watch that again.
茜:哦,伙计 。我真的不想再看一遍了 。
Todd: What! Come on it's Star Wars.
托德:什么?别这样,这可是《星球大战》啊 。
Akane: Well, I watched Episode II before and I really didn't like it.
茜:嗯,我以前看过第二部,我真的不喜欢那部电影 。
Todd: Really!
托德:真的吗?
Akane: Yeah!
茜:是啊!
Todd: Oh, I thought it was great. I mean I know the critics were really rough, but it had great action, cool characters.
托德:哦,可是我认为那部电影很棒 。我是说,我知道对那部电影的批评很多,可是里面的动作戏很棒,而且人物也很酷 。
Akane: Well, actually, I thought it was very commercial.
茜:嗯,实际上我认为那部电影商业元素太重 。
Todd: Oh, really!
托德:哦,真的吗?
Akane: Yeah, and the whole thing was really mushy, and there were also some annoying characters.
茜:是啊,而且整部电影过去肉麻,还有一些让人讨厌的角色 。
Todd: Yeah, well, maybe, but, I just like all Star Wars, it doesn't matter, it doesn't have to be perfect. As long as there's storm troopers, and light sabers, I'm happy.
托德:可能吧,不过我喜欢所有的《星球大战》电影,所以没关系,它不用太完美 。只要有暴风突击队,我就很高兴了 。
Akane: OK, so you're a big Star Wars fan.
茜:好,所以你是《星球大战》电影的狂热粉丝 。
Todd: Huge. But that's OK. I'll get that movie another time. Um, how about you suggest a movie. What would you like to see?
托德:狂热粉丝 。不过没关系 。我下次再租那部电影好了 。嗯,你来推荐部电影怎么样?你想看什么电影?
Akane: Um, I really like romantic comedies, especially Meg Ryan movies.
茜:嗯,我非常喜欢浪漫喜剧,尤其是梅格·瑞恩演的电影 。
Todd: Oh, no!
托德:哦不!
Akane: Yeah!
茜:是啊!
Todd: I can't stand her.
托德:我可不喜欢她 。
Akane: What! What's wrong with her?
茜:什么?她怎么了?
Todd: She's terrible. Every movie she has the perfect life, and she has, she looks so cute, but she can't find love. It's like, come on, people like that have a perfect job and look cute and beautiful like Meg Ryan do not have trouble finding love.
托德:她太糟糕了 。她在每部电影里都有完美的生活,她看上去很可爱,可是她找不到爱情 。就像,人们希望像梅格·瑞恩这样拥有完美的工作、长相甜美漂亮的人不会在寻找爱情方面遇到麻烦 。
Akane: But she's so cute and funny to watch. I just really enjoy watching her.
茜:但是她很可爱,而且很有趣 。我非常喜欢看她出演的电影 。
Todd: I don't know. I just can't do it. You know though, I liked Meg Ryan in that movie she's made about, she went to the Gulf War, or whatever, and she was a helicopter pilot.
托德:我不知道 。我就是不喜欢 。你知道,虽然我喜欢她出演的那部电影,在电影中她出演了一名直升飞机飞行员,参加了海湾战争 。
Akane: Oh, yeah, yeah! I remember that one. I forget what it was called though.
茜:哦,对!我记得那部电影 。不过我忘了电影的名字了 。
Todd: Yeah, yeah, she was OK in that but she wasn't that cutesy romance.
托德:嗯,她在那部电影里还不错,不过那并不是那种娇媚的浪漫角色 。
Akane: That's true. She was a different character than usual.
茜:没错 。她在那部电影中出演了与之前不同的角色 。
Todd: Yeah, so we can't see a Meg Ryan movie, and we can't see Star Wars, so what else?
托德:对,所以我们不能看梅格·瑞恩演的电影,我们也不能看《星球大战》,那还有什么电影呢?
Akane: Ah, I don't know. What about a comedy that will make us really laugh.
茜:我也不知道了 。我们看部能让我们发笑的喜剧电影怎么样?
Todd: OK, um, let's see. We could see Shrek.
托德:好,嗯,我想想 。我们可以看《怪物史莱克》 。
Akane: Oh, I love Shrek.
茜:哦,我喜欢《怪物史莱克》 。
Todd: Ok, yeah, yeah, yeah. Actually, I haven't seen Shrek 2. Have you seen Shrek 2?
托德:好,好的,很好 。实际上,我没看过《怪物史莱克2》 。你看过吗?
Akane: Ah, no, I haven't actually.
茜:没有,我也没看过 。
Todd: Perfect. Shrek 2.
托德:太好了 。我们就看《怪物史莱克2》 。
Akane: Great! We'll get that.
茜:太棒了!我们去租那部电影 。
Todd: OK. I'll run down and pick it up.
托德:好的 。我会去音像店租来的 。
Akane: Thanks.
茜:谢谢 。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. come out
(书或光盘)出版,发行;
eg. A new model will come out this summer.
今年夏天将有新的型号问世 。
eg. The book might come out in paperback soon.
这本书不久可能以平装本出版 。
2. it doesn't matter
不要紧;没关系;
eg. It doesn't matter whether the paper is thick or thin.
纸张厚薄无关紧要 。
eg. If he can come, of course that'll be fine, but if he can't, it doesn't matter.
他能来固然很好,不来也没有关系 。
3. how/what about
(用于问句句首,表示提出建议或请求)…怎么样;
eg. How about going shopping and seeing a show in London?
去伦敦购物再看场演出怎么样?
eg. "What about a liqueur with your coffee?" suggested the waitress.
“咖啡里加杯甜酒怎么样?”女服务员建议 。
4. what's wrong with
怎么了;出什么问题了;
eg. What's wrong with my car? The engine makes funny noise.
我的车出了什么毛病?发动机发出了奇怪的响声 。
eg. What's wrong with him?
他怎么了?