(单词翻译:单击)
情景对话
Todd: Hey, Lois, why don't you have a plum!
托德:嗨,洛伊丝,来个李子吃吧!
Lois: Oh, thank you very much. Lovely!
洛伊丝:哦,非常谢谢你 。好吃!
Todd: You like plums?
托德:你喜欢吃李子?
Lois: I love all fruits, but plums especially.
洛伊丝:所有的水果我都爱吃,不过特别喜欢李子 。
Todd: Oh, there goes the water.
托德:哦,它们富含水分 。
Lois: It's very juicy.
洛伊丝:有很多果汁 。
Todd: It is juicy. How does it taste?
托德:有很多果汁 。味道怎么样?
Lois: Mm, it tastes sweet, very refreshing.
洛伊丝:嗯,是甜的,非常清新的味道 。
Todd: Mm, I love plums.
托德:嗯,我喜欢李子 。
Lois: Yeah, me too.
洛伊丝:我也喜欢 。
Todd: Guess how much this box cost?
托德:你猜这盒李子要多少钱?
Lois: I'm thinking it's probably quite expensive, so in yen, maybe 1,000 yen.
洛伊丝:我想可能会非常贵,大概1000日元吧 。
Todd: Ah, yeah, pretty close. It cost 900 yen for 8 plums.
托德:对,差不多 。这8个李子就要900日元 。
Lois: Very expensive in Japan.
洛伊丝:日本的价格真的很贵 。
Todd: I know it's crazy. In America you can get this for like maybe 200 yen. Not even that, maybe 100 yen.
托德:我知道,这很让人抓狂 。在美国的话,这些大概200日元就能买到 。可能都不用,100日元就能买到 。
Lois: In England it's cheap but probably not as cheap as in America. I think maybe because we have to import everything. It's slightly more expensive.
洛伊丝:在英国李子很便宜,不过不像美国那么便宜 。我想,可能是因为我们所有的东西都要靠进口 。所以会有些贵 。
Todd: Actually, that's a good question. What fruits do you grow in England?
托德:实际上,这是个很好的问题 。英国种植什么水果?
Lois: Apples and Apples and maybe pears and...
洛伊丝:苹果,可能还有梨……
Todd: No coconuts?
托德:没有椰子吗?
Lois: No coconuts. No bananas. and maybe we grow plums. I don't know.
洛伊丝:没有椰子 。没有香蕉 。可能我们种李子,我不清楚 。
Todd: It looks like a very English fruit.
托德:那看上去像英国的代表水果 。
Lois: But definitely apples.
洛伊丝:那绝对是苹果 。
Todd: Or strawberries?
托德:或者草莓?
Lois: Strawberries, oh yeah. Lots of strawberries and tomatoes but maybe they're a vegetable some people say fruit. Some people say vegetable. But lots of tomatoes. And I'm sure lots of other things but, I just know about apples.
洛伊丝:草莓,对,没错 。英国种植很多草莓和土豆,不过可能它们属于蔬菜,有些人说它们是水果,有些人说是蔬菜 。不过英国种植大量的土豆 。我确定还种植大量的其他作物,不过我只知道苹果 。
Todd: What's your favorite fruit?
托德:你最喜欢的水果是什么?
Lois: My favorite fruit! I really like pineapples, and I also like strawberries. Strawberries and cream. It's one of my favorite desserts.
洛伊丝:我最喜欢的水果!我非常喜欢菠萝,我还喜欢草莓 。草莓奶油是我最喜欢的甜点之一 。
Todd: Yeah, so have you ever been to Wimbleton and had strawberries and cream?
托德:嗯,你去温布登吃过草莓奶油吗?
Lois: I haven't. I'd love to go. But strawberries and cream at Wimbleton are so expensive. I don't know how much but really, really expensive.
洛伊丝:没有 。我很想去 。不过温布登的草莓奶油非常贵 。我不清楚具体的价格,不过真的很贵 。
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. Why
问句中与 not 连用表示建议,为什么不……
eg. Why not give Claire a call?
为什么不给克莱尔打个电话?
eg. Why don't you come home with me until you sort things out?
你何不先和我一起回家,等事情解决了再走?
eg. Why don't we talk it through?
为什么我们不把这事谈开呢?
2. as...as
像…一样;
eg. I never went through a final exam that was as difficult as that one.
我从来没有碰到过像那次那么难的期末考试 。
eg. There was no obvious reason why this could not be as good a film as the original.
找不出明显的理由来解释为什么这部片子拍得不如原先的好 。
3. would love to do sth.
乐于;很愿意做某事;
eg. I would love to play for England again.
我很乐意再次为英格兰队效力 。
eg. His wife would love him to give up his job.
他妻子很乐意他辞去工作 。