(单词翻译:单击)
Todd: Hey, Victor, I hear you're going home tomorrow.
嗨,维克多,我听说你明天要回家了 。
Victor: Yes, I am.
是的 。
Todd: Ah, that's too bad.....So how long have you been here?
啊,太遗憾了……你在这儿待多久了?
Victor: I've been here for two weeks.
我来这里两周了 。
Todd: I'm sorry, I was never sure. Why did you come to Japan?
不好意思,我想问 。你为什么来日本?
Victor: Came to Japan to study martial arts. Budo-Jujitsu is the art that we study.
我来日本学习武术 。我在日本学习日本柔术 。
Todd: Oh! OK, cool! So are like a black belt?
哦!酷!你达到黑带级别了?
Victor: Yes, yes!
是的!
Todd: Oh, really! Wow, how long have you been doing your martial arts?
哦,真的!哇,你学习武术多长时间了?
Victor: I've been studying this art for about 18 years I guess.
我学武术大约18年了 。
Todd: Really!
真的!
Victor: A long time.
很长时间了 。
Todd: That's a long time. You're a young looking guy. You like 18 years.
很长时间了 。你看上去很年轻 。你看上去就只有18岁 。
Victor: Well, I'm an old guy.
我已经不年轻了 。
Todd: Well, so when you go back to the states you also train.
你什么时候还会回来继续训练吗?
Victor: Yes, yes! We have a group that we train in martial arts there as sort of a hobby. It's sort of a way of life also. But I have a real job. I'm a civil engineer.
是的!我们有一个训练武术的小团队,武术已经成为了我们的一种爱好 。也是我们的一种生活习惯 。但我还有一份工作 。我是一名土木工程师 。
Todd: So, actually what does a civil engineer do?
土木工程师都要做什么?
Victor: In America a civil engineer designs things. In my case, I work on buildings, buildings that have structural problems, and I work on repair plans.
在美国,土木工程师的工作是要设计东西 。拿我来说,我要设计的是建筑,建筑都会有结构问题,我要做的就是修复这些问题 。
Todd: OK. Sounds like a tough job.
好的,听起来是个艰苦的工作 。
Victor: It's OK. It's interesting. All buildings need repairs and it's fun.
还好 。这份工作很有趣 。所有的建筑都需要修葺,这很有趣 。
Todd: Great, thanks a lot, Victor. Have a safe trip tomorrow.
很好,谢谢你,维克多 。明天一路顺风 。
Victor: Well, thank you very much.
好的,谢谢你 。
注:译文属可可英语原创,未经允许,请勿转载 。