(单词翻译:单击)
情景对话
Simon: Hi, Lesie.
西蒙:你好,蕾希 。
Lesie: Hey, Simon. Have you heard that they're making the third episode of the new Star Wars series?
蕾希:你好,西蒙 。你听说了吗,现在正在拍摄新《星球大战》系列电影的第三部?
Simon: Yeah, yeah, I heard about that.
西蒙:是的,我听说了 。
Lesie: Do you like Star Wars?
蕾希:你喜欢《星球大战》电影吗?
Simon: Well, the old Star Wars that they made 20 years ago, I really like.
西蒙:嗯,老版《星球大战》电影是在20年前上映的,我真的非常喜欢 。
Lesie: Me, too. Me, too. What's your favorite episode of the old series?
蕾希:我也是,我也是 。你最喜欢老版系列电影的哪部?
Simon: Of course, that would have to be number two, The Empire Strikes Back.
西蒙:当然是第二部《帝国反击战》 。
Lesie: Really, mine is the original Star Wars.
蕾希:真的吗,我最喜欢原版的《星球大战》 。
Simon: Oh, really! Why do you like it so much? Why is it the best?
西蒙:真的吗?你为什么这么喜欢那部电影?为什么那部是最棒的?
Lesie: I think it's the best because the characters are really, really different. In the second and third one they're kind of, they begin to mellow, but in the first one, they're really different.
蕾希:我认为那是最棒的电影的原因是,角色设置非常不同 。在第二部和第三部中,角色开始变得更成熟,可是在第一部中非常不同 。
Simon: Oh, you mean that each character is distinct from the other characters.
西蒙:哦,你的意思是每个角色都和其他的不同 。
Lesie: Right!
蕾希:对!
Simon: Yeah, I like the second one better because it's a little bit darker and cooler and the bad guy, Darth Vader, of course one of the most famous bad guys in movie history, plays a bigger part and you know there's the drama and plus the, you know, the fighting, and the space scenes are all a little bit better and cooler.
西蒙:好,我更喜欢第二部,因为第二部更黑暗冷酷,里面的坏人达斯·维德,当然那是电影史上最著名的坏人之一,他在第二部中占据了大量戏份,你知道,那部剧里有很多打斗场面,而且太空景色更美更酷 。
Lesie: I see. Well, my favorite character is Princess Leia. Do you know why?
蕾希:我明白了 。嗯,我最喜欢的角色是莉亚公主 。你知道为什么吗?
Simon: Well, I'm sure you'll tell me.
西蒙:嗯,我不太清楚,你告诉我吧 。
Lesie: Well, because she was the first positive strong female character I saw in the movies. She was take charge, told everybody what to do.
蕾希:因为她是我在电影中看到的第一个正面坚强的女性角色 。她掌管一切,告诉所有人要做什么 。
Simon: Well, she was popular with both girls and boys.
西蒙:她是女孩和男孩都喜欢的角色 。
Lesie: Right! Hey, did you have any Star Wars toys when you were a kid?
蕾希:没错!嘿,你小时候有没有《星球大战》的玩具?
Simon: Yeah, of course, I had the Luke Skywalker action figure.
西蒙:当然有了,我有天行者卢克的人偶 。
Lesie: Oh, I see.
蕾希:哦,我知道了 。
Simon: How about you?
西蒙:你呢?
Lesie: Ah, I can't remember. I don't remember if I have any, if I had any toys but I had the soundtrack to the movie.
蕾希:嗯,我不记得了 。我不记得我是不是有玩具,但是我有那部电影的原声带 。
Simon: So can you sing, can you hymn it a little bit of the soundtrack right now?
西蒙:那你现在能唱一段原声带里的音乐吗?
Lesie: No, but I can tell you most of the dialogue from the first movie.
蕾希:不能,不过我可以说出第一部电影中大部分的对白 。
Simon: So that you can say that you are a diehard Star Wars fan?
西蒙:所以可以说你是《星球大战》系列电影的铁杆影迷吗?
Lesie: I am a diehard Star Wars fan.
蕾希:我是《星球大战》系列电影的铁杆影迷 。
Simon: Yeah, when I was young, me too.
西蒙:好,我年轻的时候也是 。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. be distinct from
有区别的;不同的;个别的;
eg. Mozart's style is quite distinct from Haydn's.
莫扎特在风格上与海顿截然不同 。
eg. Silk is distinct from rayon in every respect.
在各个方面真丝跟人造丝截然不同 。
2. take charge
看管; 负责;
eg. As group leader, you should take charge.
你身为组长, 应当负起责任来 。
eg. Let her take charge, and please don't call me.
让她负责吧,别给我打电话了 。
3. be popular with
受……的欢迎;
eg. He is scrupulously fair, and popular with his staff.
他廉洁公正,深受员工爱戴 。
eg. The reporter is popular with his audience.
这个报告者很受听众的欢迎 。