(单词翻译:单击)
情景对话
Jessica: Kate, how do you normally spend your evenings?
杰西卡:凯特,你通常怎么度过晚上的时光?
Kate: I've joined the gym here, so I go and exercise and go for a swim.
凯特:我加入了这里的健身俱乐部,所以我会去锻炼,游泳 。
Jessica: Swim. How long do you stay each time?
杰西卡:游泳 。你每次锻炼多长时间?
Kate: About 2 hours.
凯特:大约两个小时 。
Jessica: Wow. So what do you do during those two hours.
杰西卡:哇 。那这两个小时里你都做什么呢?
Kate: So we go to the gym for about an hour and then have a swim for half an hour and then sauna for about ten minutes and then finish off with a massage.
凯特:我们在健身房运动一个小时,然后游泳半个小时,之后蒸桑拿10分钟,最后去按摩 。
Jessica: Really, a massaging chair?
杰西卡:是按摩椅吗?
Kate: A massaging chair!
凯特:对,是按摩椅!
Jessica: Wonderful, and so who do you go with?
杰西卡:真好,那你和谁一起去呢?
Kate: I go with Nicola.
凯特:我和尼科拉一起去 。
Jessica: And Nicola is?
杰西卡:尼科拉是谁?
Kate: She's another teacher and she's who I live with, so.
凯特:她也是老师,她和我一起住 。
Jessica: Alright, good, good, good, good. Now when you're in the gym, do you do weights? Do you do cardio? Aerobics? Running? Walking?
杰西卡:哦,真好,真好,太好了 。那你们在健身房会做力量练习吗?你们做有氧运动吗?健美操?跑步?健步走?
Kate: We do everything really. Aerobics and weights.
凯特:其实我们什么都会做 。有健美操和力量练习 。
Jessica: Aerobics and weights are the best.
杰西卡:健美操和力量练习是最好的运动 。
Kate: The gyms here are much better than back home.
凯特:这里的健身房比我们家乡的好太多了 。
Jessica: Oh, yeah. What's the biggest difference?
杰西卡:哦,这样啊 。最大的区别是什么?
Kate: They have games on the machines so if you're cycling, you're also playing a game where you have to blow up the other cyclists so it makes it a bit more interesting than just exercising.
凯特:他们的健身器材上有游戏,你在骑单车的同时也在玩游戏,你必须要击败其他的自行车手,这种游戏比只做运动要有意思 。
Jessica: Uh-huh! So it passes the time by. Yeah, lot quicker. And then why are you exercising? Do you have a certain reason, a goal in mind?
杰西卡:啊哈!这样时间过得很快 。嗯,快很多 。那你为什么要健身呢?你是有特定的理由,还是有想达成的目标?
Kate: Yeah, because I put on a lot of weight when I was in Australia because I was eating too much pizza and, good breakfast, and drinking far too much beer.
凯特:对,因为我在澳大利亚的时候体重增加了很多,我吃了太多的批萨,早餐吃得很丰盛,还喝了过多的啤酒 。
Jessica: So you just want to shed those extra pounds.
杰西卡:所以你是想减去多余的体重 。
Kate: Yeah, that I put on and get back to the original weight that I was.
凯特:没错,就是我增加的那些体重,我要恢复我原来的身材 。
Jessica: Well, good luck to you.
杰西卡:嗯,祝你好运 。
Kate: Thank you.
凯特:谢谢你 。
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. finish off
结束;完成;<非正>杀死;毁掉;吃光(某物)
eg. He began to tidy up his desk and finish off the week's work.
他开始整理书桌,结束一周的工作 。
eg. He has to finish off three players to get the prize.
他得拼掉三个选手后才能获奖 。
2. blow up
引爆;(使)炸毁;(使)爆炸;
eg. He was jailed for 45 years for trying to blow up a plane.
他因为企图炸毁一架飞机而被判入狱 45年 。
eg. Their boat blew up as they slept.
他们睡觉的时候船爆炸了 。
3. put on weight
体重增加;
eg. I'm lucky really as I never put on weight.
我很幸运,因为我的体重从来没有增加过 。
eg. You have put on weight.
你发福了 。